Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

B

March 1st, 2012 15:00

Move Archived Data from Celerra to Windows CIFS share with EMCopy

I am attempting to move data from a Celerra, some of which has been archived via Disk Xtender, to a windows CIFS share with EMCopy.  The issue I am having is that EMCopy is only copying the stubs rather than the files themselves.

Is there a switch on EMCopy to restore the files then copy?  Or just pull the file?  Any other alternatives to EMCopy?  Of note, I have tried Robocopy and it doesn't copy files but just the stubs and I have tried xcopy which copies the files but is single threaded so the copy is very slow.  Thank you.

1 Rookie

• 

20.4K Posts

March 1st, 2012 16:00

can you try different options with robocopy

/IA:[RASHCNETO] :: Include only files with any of the given Attributes set

2 Posts

March 1st, 2012 17:00

I'm sorry I don't follow.  I don't want to skip any files, instead I want to copy the entire file instead of just the stub to new storage.  We are decommisioning our Celerra and DiskXtender.

Here is the robocopy command I am using and it just copies stubs instead of recalling the file and copying it over.

robocopy "\\share\folder1" \\share\folder *.* /MIR /COPYALL /Z /LOG:c:\temp\copylog.txt /FP /TEE

EMCopy produces the same behavior of copying stubs instead of recalling file.

emcopy64 "\\share\folder1" \\share\folder /o /s /lev:9999 /d /sd /r:0 /th 8 /sdd /log:c:\temp\emcopylog.txt /f

Thank you for your response.

3 Posts

March 2nd, 2012 03:00

Do you use SMB1 (W2k3, XP) or SMB2 (W2k8, Win7)?

If we use robocopy on an SMB1 Client, everything is fine and the stubs are copied correctly (as stubs), but if we use SMB2, the stubs are recalled (from Celerra to Celerra, same robocopy commandline parameters).

You could also try to set the DHSM connection to passthrough: "fs_dhsm -modify -backup passthrough"

NAS Version: 6.0.43-0

No Events found!