Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

February 25th, 2014 07:00

NFS client access overview on Celerra

Hi there,

I am trying to find a way (maybe with server_stats, or something else) to get an overview of a specified NFS-share on a datamover, which give me a list of all clients accessing it.

With "server_stats server_4 -i 10 -m nfs.client -c 5 -te no"  i am just get a list of Top20-Clients accessing the specified data mover.

- Is it possible to get a list of Clients accessing a nfs-share?

or

- Is it possible to get a list of ALL Clients accessing the Datamover, not only Top 20 as nfs.client do?

We need this as the costumer would like to see whether a nfs-share/filesystem is still used by any client.

Dart = 6.0.70-4

Thank you very much for any help.

11 Posts

February 26th, 2014 01:00

I found a similar question, unfortunately without an answer :   

https://community.emc.com/message/550801#550801

Any help is appreciated.

Best, Felix

11 Posts

March 3rd, 2014 00:00

Hi there,

that is a pity, nobody has an advice!

Sorry for writing again, but maybe anybody has a good manual or tutorial for server_stats? I could try on my own.

Thanks again.

467 Posts

March 3rd, 2014 09:00

You could use netstat to do it... But that is the datamover as a whole,  not an specific export..

8.6K Posts

March 3rd, 2014 11:00

Why not use „nfsstat –d“ ?

11 Posts

March 3rd, 2014 23:00

Hello, thank you very much for your help.

Actually I found something. I tried:

[nasadmin@nas01 ~]$ server_stats server_2 -m fs.qtree.ALL-ELEMENTS.totalCalls,nfs.client -i 10 -c 3  -te no

I like the output, but I not sure if this really show me all the current access to a nfs share!?

With "netstat -d" i unfortunately do not see which filesystem / nfs-share is accessed.

8.6K Posts

March 4th, 2014 12:00

If you want to see what is currently being accessed then server_stats can do that.

It will NOT display clients that have the share mounted but aren’t doing NFS IO at the time server_stats is run.

nfsstat will show you that if you use the correct command and options – since it shows which clients have mounted.

These are two very different things – mount vs. access

No – netstat is not the same command as nfsstat

11 Posts

March 5th, 2014 08:00

Dear Rainer,

thanks a lot for your reply. Unfortunately nfsstat longer exits. So I have to use server_stats:

[adm@nas01 ~]$ server_nfsstat

Info 26306752351: This command has been deprecated and replaced with server_stats command.

I tried now this:

server_stats server_2 -m fs.qtree.ALL-ELEMENTS.totalCalls -m nfs.client -lines 256 -i 60 -c 1440 -te no -file "/home/nasadmin/server_stats/server_2_`date '+\%FT\%T'|sed s/://g`" > /dev/null&

I think it is ok. Still don't know if the connection between "fs.qtree.ALL-ELEMENTS.totalCalls" and "nfs.client" gives a true result of a host accessing to share/qtree. But it looks ok.

I am not looking for the mounts of a share. I just looking which client is still using / accessing it.

8.6K Posts

March 5th, 2014 11:00

Sorry I meant showmount

That's available on all NFS systems I know

You don't even have to run it from the VNX

You can use any client - it just queries the VNX mountd

Rainer

No Events found!