dynamox
6 Thallium

Re: Ndmp backup restored on Windows System

Jump to solution

i would not rely on simulator for anything that has to do with production, it's not supported by EMC for production.

for your shares you can use "SHAREDUP  /FO:outputFile" and dump share data to a file (maybe schedule  a script every so often). When it's time to test DR, you can use "SHAREDUP  /FI:inputFile" to recreate shares on target.

0 Kudos
riker82
2 Iron

Jump to solution

thank you dynamox

One question: With sharedump, Do I need to have my source server (in dr case, celerra cifs server)?

Cause It always ask for a source machine and in our case we don't have any source in DR site.

Thanks

0 Kudos

Jump to solution
The procedure that Dynamox quoted (using "SHAREDUP  /FO:outputFile" and dump share data to a file) would have to be run on the source side at regular intervals, and the "outputFile" shipped to the DR site. In the event you need to re-create your shares, you can use the "outputFile" to do it.
0 Kudos
riker82
2 Iron

Jump to solution

Thanks bill.

What's the command line to launch in order to restore my shares if I haven't my source but only my text file?

0 Kudos
Peter_EMC
3 Zinc

Jump to solution

As dynamox mentioned: "SHAREDUP  /FI:inputFile" to recreate shares on target.

inputFile is the filename of the previously created outputFile of the original source

0 Kudos
timcooper
1 Copper

Jump to solution

Same issues for me, without being able to see the target when creating the file, and the source when implementing the file it fails.

Am i missing a switch ?

0 Kudos