Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

June 26th, 2008 07:00

Power calculator

Where can I find emc power calculator? Every time we get a new unit, I am asked to provide max amps the whole device draws before it can be racked and I always spend long time looking for the power requirement for each unit and add them up.

Now, I am looking for max amps for NS20: cs, single blade, two SPs, two DAEs (1, 15 x 300 GB FC drives and 1, 15x1 TB SATA).

Would be nice to find a power calculator for celerras and clariions I can always use.

Thanks

8.6K Posts

June 26th, 2008 11:00

Hi,

currrently the Power Calculator is an EMC internal tool.

If you are an EMC channel partner (Velocity) you can find it on Powerlink in
Home > Tools/Resources > Other Tools > EMC Power Calculator

I have heard about plans to make a web-based version available on Powerlink for customers, but dont know when.

For now just give your local EMC technical contact the details and he'll provide you a power calculation.

Basically he'll need the model, number of data movers and the number and type of disk drives like you've written (plus the info if these drives are 10k or 15k)

Rainer

100 Posts

June 26th, 2008 12:00

Thank you Rainer. No, I am not a partner..I am just a poor customer..~:)
will ask the CE or just dig in the spec. docs.

3 Posts

August 15th, 2008 08:00

I just went to the EMC forum in Long Beach, and they said it was available to customers? But I can't find it anywhere.

8.6K Posts

August 15th, 2008 09:00

I just checked - it still is only available internally

8.6K Posts

August 15th, 2008 10:00

here's the latest info

A customer can get a copy of the current Power Calculator (Windows Tool) under NDA

We plan to release a customer version next year that will be available from EMC.com

1 Rookie

• 

20.4K Posts

November 5th, 2012 04:00

Can you get here ?

https://powerlink.emc.com/nsepn/webapps/powercalculator/Main.aspx

1 Message

November 5th, 2012 04:00

i want to buy vnx5500 but i want to calculate kva and btu and have not access to any partner what can i do?

1 Rookie

• 

358 Posts

December 20th, 2013 07:00

That link does give some basic information, but a lot of important details are left out.  I created a configuration and its missing many values like:

Peak Inrush Current:

Input Voltage:

Cabinet Plugs:

It says 2 power drops required, but that is incorrect, I know it's 2 NEMA L6-30 but 10 standard 110 VAC plugs as well (for the config I built).

Phases

Site Circuit Breaker

Line Currents

and how about wattage?  You have KVA which is great but no power factor so I can't even calculate wattage on my own.

Rack units is also not populated so as a result dimensions is blank and the view is generic.

I have our EMC rep doing the calculation.

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

August 11th, 2014 03:00

I realize this is a zombie thread, but want to put this info out here in case anyone runs across this in the future.  As far as kW/power factor is concerned, here is the info I have from EMC Power Engineering.

"All EMC products utilize power-factor corrected power supplies. For a ballpark number you can assume the input wattage is equal to the input VA. A more accurate approach is to take the power consumption in BTU/hr provided by the calculator and divide by 3412. The result will be the input power in kilowatts.". 

No Events found!