Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

P

April 2nd, 2010 04:00

Problem starting Celerra Monitor

We're running Celerra Manager Advanced Edition V5.6. Attempting to start Celerra Monitor from Celerra Manager Tools we see pop-up with

"Downloading appication, Name: Celerra Monitor v2.3 on , Publisher: EMC Corporation, From: http://

... and it never downloads ... just hangs. Only option on pop-up is "cancel".

Any suggestions?

Thanks!

1 Rookie

• 

20.4K Posts

Tried in a different browser ?

62 Posts

No. We have java issues and we can't seem to get celerra manager to run on just any old browser with any old java version. The IE Explorer version we currently are using for celerra manager is 6.0.3790.3959 SP2. We're using java plug-in 1.6.0_07 with JRE version 1.6.0_07. The celerra manager gui is very reliable and works consistently well in this version of IE with this version of java.

We are, of course, going through a firewall for this download. I have confirmed that my firewall access is functioning properly without issues for other internet access. This "Downloading application" pop-up does not prompt me for a firewall username/password. It's just sitting there.

62 Posts

April 2nd, 2010 05:00

After thinking about this I guess it's actually downloading the application from our local celerra control station ... so no firewall issue here. Right?

1.5K Posts

April 2nd, 2010 08:00

Did you try rebooting the control station?

62 Posts

April 2nd, 2010 08:00

Haven't tried rebooting the control station. We might give that a shot but we're in a sort of touchy production environment and even though it is just the control station we can't do this without writing a formal change request to the customer. That follows a review process that is time consuming. The soonest we can reboot the control station is next Wednesday. That's what we may do unless someone comes up with a better reason for the problem. Of course, we must also balance the need for celerra monitor against the amount of effort we put into making it function. At the moment the need isn't too great.

1.5K Posts

April 2nd, 2010 11:00

You may try restarting the jServer process - please see EMC Primus solution emc74739  for more details. Please note that, this process will delete all historical data and start the statistical data collection fresh.

If that is acceptable, you can take a shot at it without restarting the Control station - however, rebooting CS afterwards may help as well.

If problem persists, please open a service request with EMC Support.

Thanks,
Sandip

62 Posts

April 5th, 2010 05:00

Thanks Sandip. I may give that a try if I can find the primus solution. Sometimes, it seems, I can't locate primus solutions in powerlink.

• 

284 Posts

April 5th, 2010 06:00

I put an announcement at the top of the Celerra discussions page explaining how to access the EMC Knowledgebase from Powerlink.  If you have trouble using those directions, let me know.

Thanks

Bill

306 Posts

April 7th, 2010 12:00

I had this same or very similar problem.  I was forced to reboot the Control Station.  I had opened a case on this in order to give EMC some time to discover why it was happening, but no resulting solution was ever provided.

No Events found!