Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

July 29th, 2012 02:00

Quota setting changed & filled storage pool

Hi, hope someone can help whilst away on holiday one of my colleagues attempted to increase our user homes dirs quotas which he thought he did but all it seems to have done is filled the storage pool. (Not using tree quotas) I reset the quota to it's orginal settings but it has not restored the storage pool space.

The user homes dir is was using around 400GB (around 200 users with a 5GB hard limit) of the storage pool and would expand when needed by 20GB when the quota was increased it filled the storage pool of 6TB yet is still only using 400GB would appreciate any help recovering 5.6TB of storage pool. I am sure i am missing something.  

674 Posts

July 30th, 2012 02:00

Your filesystem has a size of 5.2 TB, only 343 GB used (6%)

There is no way to shrink a FS, except host based copy of the data inot another FS and destroying the original one, sorry.

433 Posts

July 29th, 2012 22:00

Use root account to edit quota settings. After that, the quota settings can be edited by nasadmin because only the root account has the permission to overwrite the old lock file generated by itself.

3 Posts

July 30th, 2012 01:00

thanks for the reply, I had restored the quota setting as root but it did not return the storage pool to it's orginial size of around 5.6TB, see the current properties of the FS below;

Capture1.JPG

What i am wanting to do is stop this filesystem filling this storage pool when it does not need to. any ideas on that?

3 Posts

July 30th, 2012 02:00

Was Guessing it would be something like that, thanks for the confirmation

No Events found!