Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

November 16th, 2010 12:00

Replicating NS80G DR data to new Clariion

We are retiring an old array and moving our DR NS80G to our new 960.  Do we need to re-replicate our 100TB of DR data across the WAN from the source celerras or could we use a cascaded replication (or some other method) to locally move the DR replicas over to pools on the new Clariion, replications intact?

8.6K Posts

November 17th, 2010 13:00

I would suggest to talk to EMC professional service - I think they have a procedure to do so

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

November 17th, 2010 07:00

As I assume the two DR side Celerras will have different IP addresses, and the interconnect and the point to point replication of data would be impacted, a more eloquent solution is not possible.

The best solution even though this will take more time is to run the full copy and start replication between the source and the NEW DR side.

November 17th, 2010 13:00

Thanks for your reply.

Actually, we are just swinging the NS80 boot luns over to the newer array, then gradually retiring the old array.  The only changes the Celerra will experience is that his boot luns will be moved to the new array, and he'll have some new pools on the new array.  So we'll have the gateway attached to 2 Clariions while we move the data.  All IP interfaces remain the same.

We are looking to move all of our DR replicas over to new pools on the new array, but we don't want to re-replicate that 100TB from the sources.

If this move could be done within the DR celerra without losing the current sessions, we wouldn't need to resend all this data.

Thanks!

No Events found!