MarkSRasmussen
1 Copper

Re: Setting up storage, newbie questions

Jump to solution
I think this is the events that caused the config issues:

1. I deleted the 2xRAID1/0 groups since these figured as a single storage group in Celerra, and I figured it was a classic RAID10.
2. Created two new 2 disk RAID1/0 pools in Navisphere
3. As disks weren't unbound correctly in step 1, rescan failed
4. If 6-11 were unused in Navisphere, I could reconfigure from Celerra which seemed to clear up the unbound disks, but didn't fit our disk layout needs.

So basically, once the unused disks were unbound from Celerra correctly, I was able to rescan & manage disks as expected.
0 Kudos
MarkSRasmussen
1 Copper

Jump to solution
Alright, that clears it up, thanks. Didn't make sense otherwise as well :)

There's definitely plenty opportunity for confusion when the Celerra/Navisphere Express/Manager terms get mixed up with equal terms for different entities, and different terms for equal entities. I'm sure that it's all described in the various manuals, but even then, separating terms seems tricky, until you've got it.

I've successfully been able to create the two RAID1/0 groups and have them added to the clarsas_r10 syspool. Will setup a user defined pool for keeping the filesystems separate RAID group wise so we don't mix log & data IO.
0 Kudos
EPC2
1 Copper

Jump to solution

Just wanted to express my thanks for all the advice given in this thread. Very similar issues . Lots of tips and helpful hints that led me to a resolution. Thanks guys.

Regards

0 Kudos