sculpture1
1 Nickel

Shares' Access

Jump to solution

Good day,

I'm aware of quotas and permissions for users. But security is my main concern, can I restrict access to a specific share in the Celerra to a specific IP Address or even a specific MAC Address>???

thanks in advance,

Hisham

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Peter_EMC
3 Silver

Re: Shares' Access

Jump to solution

and if someone is breaking into your office, all PCs are available ...

A NAS Server does not protect your network against intruders. If you want MAC Filters use a firewall or switches ...

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Highlighted
Peter_EMC
3 Silver

Jump to solution

Celerra does not support such features like MAC or IP-Address filtering.

There are many features to secure a windows fileserver, like Share Permissions, Folder Permissions, ABE, Windows Passwords ....

sculpture1
1 Nickel

Jump to solution

Thanks Peter for you reply,

but once again all that you mentioned are based on a user name and a password, so if those were stolen all the permissions to that exact user will be available to the one having the username and password....

i was looking for more security.....

thanks

0 Kudos
kensagle
1 Nickel

Jump to solution

Sounds like putting some firewalls in place is the only way to get you the security you are looking for for windows clients.  Windows in general is a user/group based security system, just like any OS from a local perspective.  Although *nix has network and host based network access available.

You could look at using the windows computer account for access, but in my opinion that is less secure than a user ID.

Sagle

Peter_EMC
3 Silver

Jump to solution

and if someone is breaking into your office, all PCs are available ...

A NAS Server does not protect your network against intruders. If you want MAC Filters use a firewall or switches ...

0 Kudos