Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

November 22nd, 2009 17:00

User quota issue - anonymous user

Hello,

I haven't posted here before, hoping this is a good place to learn. I recently created a support call due to not being able to view user quotas via the gui. The error was "An invalid response was received by Celerra Manager for task Query file system quotas All:All:All". It turns out this is a bug in the gui, and the fix is to remove the quota settings for the anonymous user. I can fix the quota settings for the anonymous user via the cmd line interface, but I need this FS mounted to find all the files owned by anonymous.

My issue:

During the call support mounted the filesystem to the control station to allow me to search for files owned by anoymous, but I didn't note how it was done.

These were the instructions provided:

Note       If files are owned by the anonymous user, the user will still show up in the quota report as he has files on the file system.

Find the files that he owns.

find . -uid 4294967294

Some examples of anonymous Windows users include:

NT 4294967294 NETWORK NT AUTHORITY S-1-5-2

NT 4294967294 ANONYMOUS LOGON NT AUTHORITY S-1-5-7

Can someone tell me the "best" way to mount one of my celerra file systems to the control station to allow me to locate these files?

Thanks !!

Dustin

1 Rookie

• 

20.4K Posts

November 22nd, 2009 19:00

you could export this file system via NFS and mount it on a unix/linux client ? Could be VM running Ubuntu or something.

59 Posts

November 23rd, 2009 07:00

The file systems are already "mounted" on the control station for management and system access.  Although not recommended to use, you can get to the data on the data movers from the control stations.

Sagle

November 23rd, 2009 08:00

To be honest, I am not sure.

I watched support do something like this (I wasn't to worried about EXACTLY how because I thought it was in the ticket).

ssh to the control station

cd /some/path

find . -uid 1234... > /tmp/outfile

I then reviewed the outfile and fixed all files that were owned by anonymous users. I suppose I could always export the filesytem via NFS and do it that way, but I wasn't sure if I would get the same results.

My end goal is to be able to view quotas in the GUI again, and the only way to allow this is to make sure the anonymous user didn't own any files so it would not have a quota entry.

Also, these are CIFS shares -- would that change any of what's been suggested so far?

I guess my question is where do I find these mounted filesystems at? I need to be able to cd to that location to run the find command specified in the KB article. 

1 Rookie

• 

20.4K Posts

are you talking about /nas/quota/slot_x ?

59 Posts

November 23rd, 2009 12:00

Yes, but wasn't sure if I was able to post that.  I have used that path in the past for simliar activities, like chaning a UID/GUID on a file what I didn't have host access to or writing log/performance files to a dedicated support volume.

Ken

11 Posts

September 16th, 2010 01:00

Hi,

I have the same issue - does anyone have a resolution for this?

Many thanks,

Rich

No Events found!