Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

May 26th, 2014 06:00

Volume information for EMC Celerra.

I am trying to read the volume data of EMC Celerra, I am trying to read the volumes total available size and total free space (altogether of every volume). I tried to use XML API "VolumeQueryParams" but this API gives data separately for each volume of different types also there are some volume type for which their is no 'FreeSpace' tag in response receive, what does that mean?

I want a descriptive schema for XML API "VolumeQueryParams", also is their any way to get data for all volumes altogether.

Is their any latest version for document 'XML_API_v2_Guide.pdf'?

91 Posts

May 26th, 2014 06:00

Hi,

You can find the latest doc from EMC support site.

URL: https://support.emc.com/docu32180_XML_API_Programmer_Guide_for_VNX_for_File_8.1.htm?language=en_US

Jithin

11 Posts

May 27th, 2014 22:00

Hi,

Thank you for the reply.

Actually, all I want is to read is the overall volumes size (total size of all volumes) and free size. Could you please let me know is their any way or direct XML API to read overall volumes size and free space.

8.6K Posts

May 28th, 2014 03:00

Did you look at the XML API docs ?

11 Posts

May 28th, 2014 04:00

Yes, I had looked into the XML API docs, their is a XML API named "VolumeQueryParams" which give size info for all types of volumes, but as I mentioned I need to read total size and free space collective for all volumes.

No Events found!