Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

September 9th, 2010 08:00

Why can't I view all folders using the Previous Versions tab?

We have a single CIFS server running on a Celerra NS40G (NAS version 5.6.46-4). The problem we have concerns checkpoints and the previous versions tab. I run Windows Explorer on a Windows XP pc using the runas command in order to launch it using my Domain Admin account - I can browse through all the folders on our network as expected. However, if I try and view folders by clicking on the view button through the Previous Versions tab I get the following message:

The folder 'Folder name' does not exist. This DOES NOT happen for all folders on the network and I can workaround it by a) logging on to the pc as a domain admin and performing the operation b) logging on to a server and performing the operation. Both of these are not acceptable as we need our service desk to perform restores for our staff using the runas command. I've checked share and ntfs permissions but cannot see anything obvious and the folders in question all exist on the same volume. Has anyone come across this before?

8.6K Posts

September 9th, 2010 09:00

Check the latest DART release notes (5.6.50) – I think a bug in that area was recently fixed

Rainer

25 Posts

September 14th, 2010 18:00

Hi,

Are you able to get the release note for Dart 5.6.50 from Powerlink?

Powerlink --> Support --> Technical Documentation and Advisories --> Hardware/Platforms Documentation -->Celerra Network Server --> Release Notes

There are several bugs related to "Previous Version" and list folders.

I would suggest you perform an upgrade and verify whether it helps.

11 Posts

September 15th, 2010 04:00

Thanks Rich - we are still investigating. This is peculiar because it

only happens to some folders which are located on the same file system

as other folders which do allow PVs to be open, viewed and copied.

Regards,

Richard

No Events found!