Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

May 26th, 2010 11:00

celerra and clariion ip address change failure

Hi, i have attempted to change the ip address of a celerra ns120 and clariion controllers using clariion_mgmt.  The address change fails every time on the clariion controllers.

I have first changed the celerra ip address in celerra manager.

I have then first used the command /nas/sbin/clariion_mgmt -stop followed by /nas/sbin/clariion_mgmt -start -spa_ip A.B.C.D -spb_ip W.X.Y.Z -use_proxy_arp. This was unsuccessful and ctrlA ip address was changed to the default address. crtlB did not change. To overcome this failure i had to log into the clariion controller directly and change the ip back to the original one.

I then attempted to run the command /nas/sbin/clariion_mgmt -modify -spa_ip A.B.C.D -spb_ip W.X.Y.Z . Again, just the ctrlA address was changed and i can see this from navisphere. Celerra manager does not recognize the ip address change. I have changed the address back again by connecting directly to the controller.

At the moment i cannot bring ctrlA online successfully using the restore command from celerra manager. I have spent 3 hours trying to change the IP address!

Here is the output of /nas/sbin/clariion_mgmt -info. Please note that the status is stopped - perhaps this status should be started before i run the modify command.

Public IP address for SPA: xx.xxx.xx.xx
Public IP address for SPB: xx.xx.xx.xx
Start on boot            : yes
Current implementation   : Proxy-ARP
Status                   : Stopped

Can someone tell me how to do this? I have found the instructions but they are not working.

Mark

18 Posts

May 27th, 2010 09:00

Hi,

It appears that you have done what is required to attempt to change the IP's in the proper manor.I'm afraid you have run into a situation where this process get's "stuck" and maunal file editing is necessary to clear up the issue.I would highly recommend contacting the EMC support center for assistance with this so not to risk additional problems.You can quote a primus solutions emc196029 which should get you headed in the right direction.

296 Posts

May 27th, 2010 03:00

Hi,

Are you able to contact the backened through the celerra?, try running some navicli commands and check. If "yes" , then try rebooting the control station

and check whether the Status of Proxy-ARP is showing started now.

Sameer

No Events found!