Highlighted
kjstech
3 Argentium

how to copy files from one filesystem to another via CLI

Hey I want to move the contents of one filesystem to another to make room on a full storage pool to clear up a full savvol issue.  I have the space to do this but I need to relocate some acronis TIB file images from one CIFS share to another (which is located on another filesystem on the same celerra).

I could do this via a server and windows explorer but that would be inefficient as the server would be pulling all the data down from the celerra and then pushing all the data back to the celerra (though a different share).

There has to be a more efficient way to do this.  I thought via CLI I could just do cp commands but I cd /mnt and theres nothing in the mount directory.  I forget the actual path to the filesystems.  Can anyone let me know? thanks!

Celerra NX4 frontend.

AX4-5F8 backend.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
kjstech
3 Argentium

Re: how to copy files from one filesystem to another via CLI

This still would be neat to know but in the meantime I just attached it as an NFS datastore on one of my vmware boxes and I'm having that move it via the san network.

0 Kudos
dynamox
6 Thallium

Re: how to copy files from one filesystem to another via CLI

search this forum for using Celerra Replicator (loopback replication), server_archive command, ndmpcopy

0 Kudos