Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

G

March 17th, 2010 10:00

new disk pool not seen in celerra

Hello!

I created new disk pool in Navisphere express and create virtual disk on it (right now in 50% initialisation state)

But i not see this virtual disk in Celerra manager and cant create file system on it and share it...

Manual of Celerra said if u create disk in Navisphere just rescan in Storage > System menu, but it's not give any effects

I tried to connect this virtual disk to only one exited server in Navisphere (Celerra_emcnas_i0) like other virtual disk, but it not help me to see v.disk in Celerra manager. How to add it to Celerra??????

8.6K Posts

which RAID type and number of disks did you create ?

is it one supported by the NX4 ?

take a look at "server_log server_2" while you are running the rescan for errors

Rainer

P.S.: I would really have been easier to use the Storage Provisioning Wizard

10 Posts

provision wizard fails with error raigp:: list_disk_technology, and emc support help me to create disk pool via navisphere it's raid5 with 16 disk divided between aray and processor enclosure. Where i can find server_log?

10 Posts

March 17th, 2010 11:00

Ok, server_log server_2 empty when i scan storage

But i read another topics, and found that i need set LUN, how to do it, without Navisphere Server(i not use FC connections)?

8.6K Posts

March 17th, 2010 12:00

I think you mean the HLU (host id) - you cant do that with NaviExpress - but thats fine - the Celerra will do that for you once it has recognized the LUN

8.6K Posts

Georgy schrieb:

provision wizard fails with error raigp:: list_disk_technology, and emc support help me to create disk pool via navisphere it's raid5 with 16 disk divided between aray and processor enclosure. Where i can find server_log?

what do you mean with 16 disks - like a 15+1R5 ?

NX4 only supports 2+1R5 to 5+1R5 - I would suggest to create multiple pools with like  2x 4+1R5 and 1x 5+1R5 for example

you might have to wait till the LUNs are initialized - I dont remember if the AX4 has quick bind (i.e. if the LUNs are already accessible while initializing)

Rainer

8.6K Posts

Georgy schrieb:

provision wizard fails with error raigp:: list_disk_technology,

yes that seems to be an open problem - please ask support to add your service request to Primus emc218799

10 Posts

There is no option in Navisphere express to do 15+1R5, just 16 disks to raid5 and one i marked as hot spare in another line of menu, now i removed disk pool on 16 disks and created 3 disk pools and launched to create 3 virtual disks, is it possible connect this three virtual disks in one storage space?

And one more trouble, when i first time tried to create disks pool, it was give me error when i add all disks to it in one time, and just for test added one disk to pool0 via expand, now i get such warnings:

Warning Rescan Celerra All. Invalid component information  :BackendStatus:DiskStatus:Disk:Bus:0:Enclosure:0:Disk:0:State:Expanding: details...
Warning Rescan Celerra All. Invalid component information  :BackendStatus:DiskStatus:Disk:Bus:0:Enclosure:0:Disk:1:State:Expanding: details...
Warning Rescan Celerra All. Invalid component information  :BackendStatus:DiskStatus:Disk:Bus:0:Enclosure:0:Disk:2:State:Expanding: details...
Warning Rescan Celerra All. Invalid component information  :BackendStatus:DiskStatus:Disk:Bus:0:Enclosure:0:Disk:3:State:Expanding: details...
Warning Rescan Celerra All. Invalid component information  :BackendStatus:DiskStatus:Disk:Bus:0:Enclosure:0:Disk:4:State:Expanding: details...
Warning Rescan Celerra All. Invalid component information  :BackendStatus:DiskStatus:Disk:Bus:0:Enclosure:0:Disk:8:State:Expanding: details...
Warning Query storage systems All. Invalid component information  :BackendStatus:DiskStatus:Disk:Bus:0:Enclosure:0:Disk:0:State:Expanding: details...
Warning Query storage systems All. Invalid component information  :BackendStatus:DiskStatus:Disk:Bus:0:Enclosure:0:Disk:1:State:Expanding: details...
Warning Query storage systems All. Invalid component information  :BackendStatus:DiskStatus:Disk:Bus:0:Enclosure:0:Disk:2:State:Expanding: details...
Warning Query storage systems All. Invalid component information  :BackendStatus:DiskStatus:Disk:Bus:0:Enclosure:0:Disk:3:State:Expanding: details...
Warning Query storage systems All. Invalid component information  :BackendStatus:DiskStatus:Disk:Bus:0:Enclosure:0:Disk:4:State:Expanding: details...
Warning Query storage systems All. Invalid component information  :BackendStatus:DiskStatus:Disk:Bus:0:Enclosure:0:Disk:8:State:Expanding: details...

8.6K Posts

March 17th, 2010 13:00

I havent used NaviExpress myself but I think in its lingo a pool is a raidgroup and a virtual disk is a LUN

for Celerra use - dont expand raidgroups or LUNs

sure - you can add multiple raidgroups to the Celerra - the Celerra will sort them into a Celerra pool (different than Clariion pool) and the Celerra volume manager (AVM) will automatically combine them as needed.

No Events found!