Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

October 1st, 2009 11:00

v1 to v2

Hi ,

We are upgrading the replicator license from v1 to v2. I know we can upgrade from v1 to v2 if we dont have any active replications configured running by using the deploy_replication to delete the v1 and enable v2 license. But what should we do if we have active replications running on v1 and we want to upgrade to v2. Is there any procedure for that.

thanks

366 Posts

October 2nd, 2009 09:00

Hi,

if there are no replication V1 sessions configured, so the answer is yes.
It's just a matter of unlicense RepV1 and lincese RepV2. No risk for your production at all.

If you have replicationV1 sessions, and you want to preserve them converting to RepV2, so it's a different approach. In this case, I recommend you to contact your local EMC representative.

Gustavo Barreto.

1.5K Posts

October 1st, 2009 13:00

Did you engage anyone from EMC on this? If not - I'll suggest to engage your local EMC contact - or at least engage EMC Celerra Support team to guide you accordingly.

There may be an option for you to convert the existing V1 Replication session to V2 replication - it can be done through a script which will stop all v1 sessions, convert them to v2 and restart the sessions. But it may depend on what version of NAS Code you are running.

So - my suggestion is to engage your EMC contact.
Regards,
Sandip

152 Posts

October 1st, 2009 13:00

Thanks sandilp for your response. We are running NAS code 5.6. So, if there are no active replications running on the celerra and with v1 enabled can i use the following procedure to upgrade from v1 to v2

1) /nas/sbin/delpoy_replication -status -verbose ( to verify the status)
2) nas_lisense -delete replicator
3) /nas/sbin/deploy_replication -v2

Please correct me if i am missing anything.

366 Posts

October 2nd, 2009 04:00

Hi,

the above procedure is correct ( except for the typo on #1 ), and listed on Using EMC Celerra Replicator (V2) P/N 300-004-188 Rev A07 pdf, page 56.

Gustavo Barreto.

152 Posts

October 2nd, 2009 09:00

Thanks Gustavo for your info.

I just want to confirm once again before i execute those steps for upgrading from v1 to v2. We have two celerras with NAS code 5.6 running and we enabled v1 replication on them. We tested the IP replication between them using celerra replicator v1 and no we want to move from v1 to v2 . There are no active replications going on now. So i can simply run the deploy_replication commands which i mentioned to delete the replicator v1 license and enable v2. There is no need to run the pre-upgrade scripts. Is that right??

152 Posts

October 2nd, 2009 10:00

Thanks Gustavo.. Got it...
No Events found!