Pool Mask:                          rdqeDcw-
Cluster Mask:                       rdqe-cw--h
Pool Quota:                         3,000 GB
Used Pool Capacity:                 380 MB
Free Pool Capacity:                 3,000 GB
Number of C-Clips:                  2
Number of Files:                    2
Number of scheduled tasks:          0 

On the CUA, I have defined a new access profile/user CUA_novell with according password (as configured on the Centera):

Current Access Profile Mapping Configuration
--------------------------------------------
/sfs/gateway_nfs/backup          User: CUA_novell

But when I am issuing the NFS-mount on the server, I can see only 472 GB, although I'd like to see the full 3 TB:

# df -kh

[IP]:/sfs/gateway_nfs/backup
                      472G  383M  472G   1% /root/nfstest

Anything I have to add or modify somewhere?

Regards,

Markus

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Obrigadu
1 Copper

Re: [CUA] Presenting a NFS-share with 3 TB?

Jump to solution

Hello Knutsen,

The disk size that you are seeing is actually the CUA's cache. It is a temporary location where files become resident. It is known as the CUA's file system.

Whenever a file is being archived to the Centera or read from the Centera. The file is temporarily stored on cache.

Therefore, only the Centera is aware of the 3 TB that you have allocated when you initially created the virtual pool for "CUA_misc". Not necessarily the CUA.

I must also add; the steps that you had taken to determine the available disk space on the CUA, should not be confused with the disk space on the Centera.

So please do not use this method to determine the actual storage space avaiable on the Centera.

EMC recommends that you us the Centera Viewer application to check the Centera available and used disk space.

Thank You.

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Obrigadu
1 Copper

Re: [CUA] Presenting a NFS-share with 3 TB?

Jump to solution

Hello Knutsen,

The disk size that you are seeing is actually the CUA's cache. It is a temporary location where files become resident. It is known as the CUA's file system.

Whenever a file is being archived to the Centera or read from the Centera. The file is temporarily stored on cache.

Therefore, only the Centera is aware of the 3 TB that you have allocated when you initially created the virtual pool for "CUA_misc". Not necessarily the CUA.

I must also add; the steps that you had taken to determine the available disk space on the CUA, should not be confused with the disk space on the Centera.

So please do not use this method to determine the actual storage space avaiable on the Centera.

EMC recommends that you us the Centera Viewer application to check the Centera available and used disk space.

Thank You.

0 Kudos