karia1
1 Nickel

Centera SDK for Solaris architecture Intel X86

1)  Any chance there will be a version of the Centera SDK for Solaris  5.9/5.10 (architecture  Intel X86) in the near future?

2) Any chance there will be a version  of the Centera SDK for Solaris  5.11 (Open Solaris) in the near future?

Thanks a lot

Andrea

0 Kudos
6 Replies
gstuartemc
2 Iron

Re: Centera SDK for Solaris architecture Intel X86

We are hoping to have a Solaris 10 version soon. It is unlikely that we would officially qualify Open Solaris - in theory, the Solaris 10 SDK should work and we would rely on Sun's compatibility of these two operating system versions.

0 Kudos
karia1
1 Nickel

Thank you,

Is there a roadmap for Intel x86 Centera SDK (Solaris 5.10 / 5.11)?

Regards

Andrea

0 Kudos

Hi

We have no plans to support Solaris on the Intel architecture.

0 Kudos
cluesch
1 Copper

Paul McKeown schrieb:

We have no plans to support Solaris on the Intel architecture.

Interrestingly three hours before, someone else apparently working for EMC too said, that you're "hoping to have a Solaris 10 version soon", I'd appreciate if there would be a clear answer.

Especially so since one of our few remaining Solaris customers will switch from SPARC to x86 next year for all applications, so my hat is in the ring as well for wanting support for this platform.

Greets,

-daniel

0 Kudos

As I mentioned we have no plans to support Solaris on the Intel processor.

This is based on information that we are getting from the field that there is not enough demand for it.

I would suggest that your customer inform their EMC sales team so that their requirements can be communicated to Product Management

0 Kudos
gstuartemc
2 Iron

We were considering it earlier this year (Solaris 10) but the plans are currently on hold.

0 Kudos