Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

November 4th, 2014 06:00

Centera alert notification

Hello Everyone,

I'm have one question about Centera alert notification.We have power down (shutdown) centera system but we did not receive any alert from dial home (connect home) about it. Is this situation normal? Can the Centera send the alert when the system being shutdown?

Need advice guys..

November 4th, 2014 06:00

Hi oscar

When you perform a shutdown platform there will be no alert generated.

At the moment I don't have an Alert Editor available to check whether it could be enabled or not. Will get back to you once I have one.

Best practice would be to quickly issue a notify before you perform a shutdown. But when the system has no power anymore I have so far never received an alert; and we monitor more than 100 systems.

Holger

November 4th, 2014 07:00

Hi Holger,

No problem i will waiting. I already have global services 4.3. Can you tell me from what menu i can open the alert editor at Viewer?

Hi Holger,

Can you help to check at the alert editor if we can set alert for shutdown alert or not? Because i have information from another user that he have been received the alert before when the system being shutdown. Many thanks for your help before.

regards,

Oscar Wardhana

The Alert Editor exists in the EMC Version of the Viewer and you need to be logged in as at least emcservice. It exists to define which alert is sent to whom, being EMC and the customer as choice.
It's a good point to check once to figure out which alerts do not get sent out to EMC and that one as admin has to take care or know that no SR is created for.

Holger

Hi Holger,

Thanks for your answer. By the way what is the Alert Editor? Is it some tools include at Centera Viewer? What is alert editor used for?

Thanks Holger, i will check it first and keep you post if i have an update

Hi oscar

I can absolutely. Just not right now as I should be attending a training right now.

How about friday?

I'm in Europe but drop me an email to holger.jakob@informatio.ch. If you don't have the GlobalServices Version available I can transfer it to you and log in as emcservice.

Best regards, Holger

You might even see is as admin, just give it a try. If you know the emcservice password even better.

It's under Tools - Service - Configuration - Alert Editor

Holger

No Events found!