Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

September 1st, 2015 08:00

Connecting to Centera public instance using Java

Hi there,

I have recently installed the Centera SDK in order to write a java application in Eclipse that allows me to send and retrieve files from an EMC Centera public instance.

I am struggling slightly with this, however - I am currently looking at the "RetrieveContent.java" example Java class and am unsure where to go from here with regards to connecting to the public instance.

I know that I should be able to connect to the cluster using the connection string 10.0.0.1?pathnameToPEAfile.pea, however in terms of implementation FPPool_Open isn't working too well for me.

Could someone please advise?

Thanks.

208 Posts

September 1st, 2015 08:00

What's the string you are passing to FPPool.Open, and what is the error info (errnum and message)?

Best Regards,

Mike Horgan

3 Posts

September 1st, 2015 09:00

I was giving myself a bit too much work - I edited the poolAddress variable contained within the example to include the IP addresses for the cluster I am attempting to access, followed by a question mark and then the path of the pea file.

I'm only getting one line of input saying "Address of cluster: " and nothing more. Going to step through the code to see what I've missed, but if anyone on this board has any idea of what this could be then any help would be much appreciated.

208 Posts

September 1st, 2015 11:00

I don't have the example code handy, but I assume it is asking you to enter a connect string on the command line.

It sounds like you are very new to the world of Centera and CAS. What are you looking to accomplish?

Regards,

Mike Horgan

3 Posts

September 2nd, 2015 01:00

You are correct - very new!

I am looking to send/retrieve a file to/from a Centera public instance using Java.

No Events found!