Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

April 22nd, 2011 08:00

Connecting to Centera via WCF service

Hello all,

I am using SDK 3.2.4 and am trying to integrate it into a WCF service using .NET framework 4.0.  I am also developing in Microsoft VS 2010 32 bit environment)  I have successfully consumed the SDK into the sevice and am successfully calling and utilizing that service from a separate project on my machine.  I can write to and read from Centera all day long on my machine.  But it is too slow due to my 100 Mbps connection.  My problem comes when I try to deploy the service to a server.  The service is set into IIS and I can call the service remotely with success.  But, when I try to call the service to write to Centera, I get an error that states, "An attempt was made to load a program with an incorrect format". (Note: trying to run on WIN SERVER 2008 64 bit)  I understand and have figured out that these two environments are incompatible. (haha, stupid programmer trick)  I cannot compile the WCF service on my machine into a 64 bit program for some reason.  I then tried moving the WCF service to a WIN SERVER 2008 32 bit server.  Once there, I recieved the following error, "Unable to load PAI Module".  What I am doing wrong?  I am not opposed to going 64 bit but I need to be able to compile 64 bit.  I don't mind running on 32 bit but I need to be able to connect to Centera.  Also, all supporting DLL's are included in the published version of the service within both environments.

Thanks in advance

Dale Blocker

417 Posts

April 26th, 2011 09:00

You need the 64 bit versions of the Centera SDK in your environment on the server. If it picks up the wrong ones (e.g. the 32 bit versions) or does not find them then you'll get errors like that.

Make sure the server does not have any other versions installed and check that your application is looking in the relevant directory where you installed the SDK (using Process Monitor or similar tools).

April 26th, 2011 13:00

Hey Graham,

Thanks for the reply.  How do I get the 64 bit version of the DLL's?  Also,

I didn't install the current version of the SDK.  The instructions that I

had only told me to copy the DLL's into the directory of the executable.

If you any clarification about this, that would be great.

Thanks,

Dale Blocker

From:      Graham Stuart <emc-community-network@emc.com>                                                                              

To:        Dale Blocker <dale.blocker@regions.com>                                                                              

Date:      04/26/2011 11:24 AM                                                                              

Subject:    https://community.emc.com/message/542727#542727/Centera SDK New message: "Connecting to Centera via WCF service"                                                                              

May 23rd, 2011 12:00

Hey Graham,

I found the 64 bit DLL's to incorporate into my solution.  I was wondering if there was a 64 bit FPSDK.dll file that went with the other DLL files.  The zip file that I downloaded was nothing like what I originally got for .NET and I was wondering if you help me find something similar.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

2 Posts

October 4th, 2011 07:00

I got the same error and I'm not able to find a solution. Have any of you guys found It?

If I use a 64 bit Centera SDK, my FPSDK.dll can not find a FPLibrary.dll file. Where can I find a 64bit FPSDK.dll?

Thanks in advanced.

No Events found!