Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

J

September 19th, 2014 13:00

Delete a file with Jcas. This pool is no longer active

We have an application that is no longer active on centera.  The application deleted as many clips as it could but left some back.  The application got delete errors on serveral clips.  I pulled back the clips that were left in that pool via Jcas to a file. My question is in Jcas I do not see a way to read a file using ClipDel here is the command: clipDel contentAddress.  It would take forever if I can't read a file. I do rember a utlitly called c-del which allows you to haave a file to read.  Any ideas on how to read a file for clips I was able to pull back with Jcas?

THanks,

Joe

208 Posts

September 19th, 2014 16:00

Hi Joe -

You can create a script to feed into jcas with simple input redirection. It would just be a PoolOpen followed by your list of clipDel commands:

po IP1,IP1?myProfile.pea

clipDel AAAAAA

clipDel BBBBB

And then just run is with "java -jar JCasScript.jar < MyDelScript.txt".

If this scheme doesn't work for you or you need more conclusive reporting/verification of the results my company can provide services of this type. You can reach us at info@interlock-tech.com.

Best Regards,

Mike Horgan

September 20th, 2014 05:00

yOu would put clipdel in front of the clipid of every clip you pulled back to a test file?

Thanks,

Joe

If you are not the intended recipient of this message (including attachments), or if you have received this message in error, immediately notify us and delete it and any attachments.

If you do not wish to receive any email messages from us, excluding administrative communications, please email this request to messages@edwardjones.com along with the email address you wish to unsubscribe.

For important additional information related to this email, visit www.edwardjones.com/US_email_disclosure . Edward D. Jones & Co., L.P. d/b/a Edward Jones, 12555 Manchester Road, St. Louis, MO 63131 © Edward Jones. All rights reserved.

208 Posts

September 20th, 2014 06:00

Yes, that's the basic technique.  It won't be incredibly fast, but for a few thousand clips it should be OK.

Good Luck!

September 22nd, 2014 08:00

How would the script look. Do you have a draft script I can following? I do have txt file I used JCAS "query to file" to pool back clips in a pool. Now I have the clips in a txt file. Can you help me create the script are outline what I need to do.

Thanks very much,

Joe

If you are not the intended recipient of this message (including attachments), or if you have received this message in error, immediately notify us and delete it and any attachments.

If you do not wish to receive any email messages from us, excluding administrative communications, please email this request to messages@edwardjones.com along with the email address you wish to unsubscribe.

For important additional information related to this email, visit www.edwardjones.com/US_email_disclosure . Edward D. Jones & Co., L.P. d/b/a Edward Jones, 12555 Manchester Road, St. Louis, MO 63131 © Edward Jones. All rights reserved.

September 25th, 2014 07:00

Can you help with the script. It would be a great help.

Thank you,

Joe

Sent: Saturday, September 20, 2014 7:47 AM

To: 'jive-1547999066-1e9y-2-hzab@emc-ecn.hosted.jivesoftware.com'

Subject: RE: - Delete a file with Jcas. This pool is no longer active

yOu would put clipdel in front of the clipid of every clip you pulled back to a test file?

Thanks,

Joe

September 25th, 2014 10:00

Mike,

Now I have this

java -jar JCasScript.jar . Edward D. Jones & Co., L.P. d/b/a Edward Jones, 12555 Manchester Road, St. Louis, MO 63131 © Edward Jones. All rights reserved.

Mike,

I got that but how do I call the file I guessing these are in the file I pulled back from Jcas using QTF file_name? I will add the clipDEL infront of each clip but how do I call the file. If not how do make it read one by one.

Thank you very much,

Joe

208 Posts

Hi Joe -

You need to take your list from the query output and perform some text wrangling to turn it into a script as described.

Then just pass it into the jcas command via input redirection:

java -jar JCasScript.jar < my_delete_script.txt

And Bob's your uncle!

Regards,

Mike Horgan

208 Posts

Hi Joe -

Sure, the script would just be the commands you would normally type into JCas. So it would look like:

po

clipDel

clipDel

clipDel

Good Luck!

Best Regards,

Mike Horgan

Got it

Thanks much

September 25th, 2014 11:00

So I added this to a txt file an executed

Just heads up when I do manual out of the text file it works no issue.

po 172.17.177.21?storediq_050812_merge.pea

ClipDel 7U4F43KP2CPNMeDFMJ2M74ELR6AG416IRHN2EK0VCLKMQQJ4ACPBL11NV44FOF9B3Ne1KOCRJIIS2IKQG416IRK59FM0S87RIRJM8TF1FE

When I execute I get this

C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.5.0_07\bin>java -jar JCASScript.jar < storediq_test.t

xt

CASScript>

Attempting to connect to: 172.17.177.21?storediq_050812_merge.pea

Connected to: 172.17.177.21?storediq_050812_merge.pea

CASPool Properties:

Connection String: 172.17.177.21?storediq_050812_merge.

pea

Cluster Time: 2014.09.25 05:18:32 GMT

Buffer Size: 16384

Prefetch Buffer Size: 32768

Connection Timeout: 120000

Multi-Cluster Failover Enabled: True

Collision Avoidance Enabled: False

CASScript>

CASScript>

SDK Error Occurred:

Error Number: -10204

System Error: 25

Error: FP_OPERATION_NOT_ALLOWED

Error Class: null

Trace: NetworkPacket.checkControl(25)

un()

0)

L,,0)

,0)<_FPClip_Delete(pool,7U4F43KP2CPNMeDFMJ2M74ELR6AG416IRHN2EK0VCLKMQQJ4ACPBL,NU

LL,0)

CASScript>

Unknown command: 11NV44FOF9B3Ne1KOCRJIIS2IKQG416IRK59FM0S87RIRJM8TF1FE

CASScript>

C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.5.0_07\bin>

Sent: Thursday, September 25, 2014 12:56 PM

To: 'jive-39036889-1e9y-2-i053@emc-ecn.hosted.jivesoftware.com'

Subject: RE: - Delete a file with Jcas. This pool is no longer active

Mike,

Now I have this

java -jar JCasScript.jar

Is this the first line of my_delete_script.txt for example.

Thanks much,

Joe

208 Posts

September 25th, 2014 12:00

It looks like you got the error when you tried to delete a clip in your script that you had already deleted during your manual test.

As I mentioned previously, I do have a company that does this stuff for a living. You can reach out to us at 'info@interlock-tech.com' if you'd like to talk about engaging us.

Best Regards,

Mike Horgan

October 28th, 2014 01:00

Hi

The operation not allowed message tells you that the profile you connect with does not have delete capability.

Holger

No Events found!