Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

May 17th, 2011 08:00

Delete virtual pool containing data with expired retention

Hi,

as far as I understand, a virtual pool has to be completly empty in order to delete it. (actually, even if not, it wouldn't make any difference to my issue)

Is there a way to delete a virtual pool incusive it's containing data - presuming all the contained clips have their retention period expired?

Alternatively, I could get a list with all the clips and delete them in advance (by C-Tools). But I'd prefer not to do that as there would be millions of clips.

So, any suggestions?

Regards

-Reto

May 17th, 2011 23:00

Hi Reto

As you are from Switzerland as well please drop me an email to holger.jakob@informatio.ch. We only do Centera work and might find a quick solution for you.

Holger

Hi Reto

It is as you said. The pool needs to be empty to be able to delete it.

The reflections can be expired by support after you have deleted the clips. There is currently no way to delete a pool with its content; delete pool only works if the pool is empty and there is no such thing as a --force option.

Quickest way is normally to get the list of clips from the application. The SQL database storing the clips is made for such things as select statements. The Centera query may not be as robust to get you a consistent result across your pool.

Best regards, Holger

7 Posts

Holger,

many thanks for your answer!

It's kind of what I expected. However, I will get it done - somehow.  :-)

Cheers

-Reto

No Events found!