Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

April 14th, 2010 09:00

Difficulties locating the reference/example VIM

Hello all,

I was recently tasked with getting to grips with the XAM API for my company. I've been getting on well setting up a test Win32 application which I intend to use on my own filesystem, however I have hit a snag following the sample code in the "Introduction to XAM" pdf (attached). Specifically, I've been unable to find the described example_vim anywhere in the SDK, and more importantly, so has the application. All known libraries and includes have been added to my environment (VC++ 6) but it remains unhappy.

Having done some rooting around on the net, I found that this mystery VIM is being referred to as a reference VIM which is specifically set out to emulate typical VIM features for developers to test their XAM applications on their own systems, and it says this is included within the XAM SDK. I have a number of dlls in my include path, including centera_vim.dll which we intend to make use of in the release, but no sign of anything like a reference VIM. Is there another package I should download or am I just being foolish?

Kind regards,

Jamie

1 Attachment

417 Posts

April 14th, 2010 09:00

Hi Jamie

The Reference VIM is developed, maintained, managed and distributed under the auspices of SNIA, not EMC. I suggest that you direct your query to the XAM Developers group on Google

http://groups.google.com/group/xam-developers-group.

11 Posts

April 21st, 2010 13:00

Hi Graham,

Thanks for the tip - I consulted them and ended up downloading the XAM SDK and trying to work with that instead of the EMC SDK. To cut a long story short it didn't work so I'm going to have a go with one of the Centera Clusters, but that's another discussion entirely. Thanks for your help with this question anyway!

Jamie

No Events found!