This post is more than 5 years old

September 4th, 2008 17:00

Link problem with Centera SDK 3.2 SP2 on Solaris

Hi,

Firstly, let me describe out build environment. We are using the following:

- Solaris 9
- Sun Studio 8
- Centera SDK

A couple of days ago, I upgraded the Centera SDK from 3.1 SP1 to 3.2 SP2. After the upgrade I am getting undefined symbol errors. I have even cut down our link command line to the following:

cc -o centeraping -L/vobs/source/ext/centera/SunOS59/lib main.o -lFPLibrary -lCrun

which results in the following error messages:

Undefined first referenced
symbol in file
__1cG__CrunKpure_error6F_v_ /vobs/source/ext/centera/SunOS59/lib/libFPXML32.so
__1cG__CrunKvector_del6FpvIpF1_v_1_ /vobs/source/ext/centera/SunOS59/lib/libFPUtils32.so
__1cG__CrunKvector_new6FpvIIpF1_vp2_1_ /vobs/source/ext/centera/SunOS59/lib/libFPUtils32.so
ld: fatal: Symbol referencing errors. No output written to centeraping

Can someone give me a clue why this is happening. I have checked the libCrun.so.1 library file and it does define the above symbols and the same symbols are referenced by the previous Centera SDK version without any problems.

Any assistance will be much appreciated.

Regards,
Leo

47 Posts

September 5th, 2008 06:00

Hi Leo -

I agree with Dennis that the lighthouse SDK forum would be a better venue for this question.

One thought: have you tested using CC to drive the link instead of cc? Perhaps there are other system libraries that would be pulled in by the C++ linker to include these functions. Sun's recommendation at http://developers.sun.com/solaris/articles/mixing.html is to link using CC when dependent libraries require the C++ runtime.

Best Regards,
Mike Horgan
EMC Centera Product Management

124 Posts

I think you will get better help on the developers forum on the developers website
http://lighthouse.developer.emc.com

47 Posts

Hi Leo -
No Events found!