Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

S

June 10th, 2012 09:00

New replication configuration

Hi All,

We've a Gen4LP 8-node CPM centera at our primary site. Now we plan to purchase a similar Centera for our DR site,could you please guide us as to what all pre-reqs are needed for replication between both centera systems? How much bandwidth will be needed, etc? Appreciate all inputs.

216 Posts

June 11th, 2012 02:00

Hi Samir,

When planning for Replication, consider the following:

•   Current cluster configuration 
  • The most suitable replication topology

• Whether all pools or a selection of pools will be replicated

• Whether delete, event based retention, or litigation hold calls need to be replicated to the replica.

• Whether data is already present on the source cluste

To learn more about the above items, choose from the topics listed in the How Do I... box at right.

The number of clusters available in a Centera system helps decide which topology is the most appropriate. If only two clusters exist, then the options for replication are limited to either uni- or bidirectional replication.

Regards

Satish.N.Kutty

How existing clusters are already configured also impacts planning:

•   Clusters that already have applications running on them will have data that needs to be migrated 
  • Clusters that do not use application profiles and pools may benefit from using them. Profiles and pools must be configured as part of the replication configuration process.

• If applications write to a primary cluster and failover to a secondary then that, too, must be taken into account

Definitions

Throughout this section, the following definitions will be used:

Target cluster

The cluster to which data will be replicated.

Source cluster

The cluster from which data will be replicated.

234 Posts

Hi Satish thank you for your inputs.

Current CenteraGEN4LP has 8-nodes & 2-nodes are configured with A&S,rest 6-nodes as storage. The distance between the sites is 200kms.The new centera is also 8-nodes with same capacities.

There is EV configured at Primary site which stores email archives to Primary Centera, the data is around 300GB at present on primary centera.

I know centera replicates async, what bandwidth would we need between both sides or does it matter to take into account bandwidth?

Regards,

Samir

234 Posts

Add:

there is only one pool and one profile on this centera, which we will need to migrate. I believe inital migration will be full migration and later it will be incremental. What do we need to consider during this initial Migration?

216 Posts

June 11th, 2012 03:00

Hi Samir,

I believe that bandwidth will be an issue if we are replicating a huge amount of data everyday, as far as I know there are no settings on Centera where we can set the bandwidth limits. To migrate the data initially we'll have to do a Cluster to Cluster migration which is commonly referred as c2c, it’s normally performed by Site Engg.

Will confirm to you about the bandwidth settings on Centera after doing some research on the issue.

Regards

Satish.N.Kutty

234 Posts

June 11th, 2012 03:00

Hi Sathish,

300GB of data was stored on the centera in one year, so everyday incremental will be much less.Could you help me logical steps to set this replication once I have new centera installed and configured at DR site.

No Events found!