Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

July 19th, 2010 07:00

Retrieve value of custom attributes in centera?

Hi All,

We are pushing some custom attributes into Centera with the document.How can we check the custom attributes are validated in Centera?

Also how i will be able to know the name of my centera cluster, as i want to login into centera viewer tool.

Thanks

Aditi

July 20th, 2010 01:00

Hi,

you could query and check for validation, however would like to know what sort of attributes have you added.

To log into centera you need to log in using admin/centera credentials using Centera Viewer and type the CLI command "show config owner" to get the cluster name and serial number.

Hope this helps

8 Posts

July 20th, 2010 01:00

Thanks Mamatha

I am new to Centera, and have never used Centera Viewer or CLI.

-When i open CLI and enter admin/centera it is aslo asking for ip.Out of 8 ip's i am giving one but enable to connect to centera.

-In Centera Viewer , it requires following information

Cluster Name (don't have information)

Username (admin)

Ip Address (giving one out of 8)

Port (default 3682)

I have some custom data corresponding to a document which we are storing in documentum.(String and Integer.Like which 'business group' this document belongs to). The same data we sending to centera using 'execute set_content_attrs '.Now I want to know whether this information is stored in Centera or not for that particular document. I also tried by using the default centera method 'String arr[] = fpclip.getDescriptionAttributes()', but I am enable to get the information of my custom data.Can you please elaborate how can I achieve it with the help of query.

Can I get this information with the help of CLI or Centera Viewer.

Regards

Aditi

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

July 20th, 2010 02:00

Hi Aditi,

You must ask the relevant teams to get the serial number of the purchased centera.

There are a couple of ways to connect to the Centera Cluster.

We can use

• ESRS - Gateway (with Serial #)
  • Modem
  • Connect directly if its in the same network with the help of the IP address.

If you get any of these details we can go ahead and connect to the centera cluster.

Regards,

Manjunath

8 Posts

Hi Manjunath,

Can you please let me know how to check that

Thanks

Aditi

Hi,

Query has to be done on the application.

What IP are you using to log into Centera Viewer?

You need to log in using the external IP/eth2 IP of the access nodes.IP's like 10.255.1.1 are internal eth1 IP.

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

Hi Aditi,

8 IPs mean, the cluster has 8 nodes.

I will check to find the right IP for this cluster if you could give us the Serial #

Regards,

Manjunath

8 Posts

My Centera Cluster environment have 8 ip, i am using one of them. How can i know external IP/eth2 IP of the access nodes?

Also Cluster Name is mandatory to login into Centera Viewer

Query on the application means: using CLI?

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

July 27th, 2010 08:00

Hi Aditi,

In regards to your original question that you posted, it appears to have been answered. Was this a correct or helpful answer? If so could you please mark the question as Answered (helpful or correct)?

Thanks for your assistance and participation in the Support Forums.

Regards,

Ronan

No Events found!