Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

April 4th, 2012 13:00

Throttle Centera one way replication

I am taking our secondary Centera and changing the protection properties to parity from Mirrored to gain some available space for data due to physical area limitations in our DR DC. After the protection has changed we need to basically migrate or rereplicate the dat back over to the secondary unit. There is around 40TB and we have a 1GB link to that area. Is it possible to throttle from the Centera so we do not saturate the link?

Thanks

Mark

337 Posts

April 10th, 2012 02:00

How many nodes are assigned to the access role?

Regards,

Bashanta Phukon

29 Posts

April 10th, 2012 08:00

There are 2 nodes assigned the access role

Mark Conrad

System Engineer

Samaritan Health Services

541-768-4329

541-740-2475

216 Posts

April 11th, 2012 05:00

Hi Mark,

I believe that it is possible, please refer the Primus solution ID "emc144881" as per the Primus solution the replication speed can be adjusted by decreasing or increasing the Clip exporters quantity in each access nodes.

Regards

Satish.N.Kutty

June 24th, 2012 23:00

Hi Mark

In this case you'll probably prefer a factory init and then setting up your system with CPP. Throtteling the restore process for the existing data is not as easy as for replication with the clip exporters.

You'll need to redistribute new .pea files after the factory init at the system identifier will change.

Can't you implement QOS in the network between the IP addresses of the Centera's?

Other than that I would think that setting up the system right next to your source for the restore process and transporting it back/forth should also be looked at.

Holger

No Events found!