Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

March 19th, 2010 02:00

XAM Error occured: xam/vim not found(1011) when lauching java sample from Eclipse

Hi,

When I'm trying to launch the "XAM Store Content Sample" (java version) from Eclipse, I've got the following error:

"XAM Error occured: xam/vim not found(1011)". As the error speaks for itself, the vim module is not found.

I have already set the environement variable "XAM_VIM_PATH" to the path were the VIM module is located (in my case: "C:\XAM\VIM\lib32").

I try to connect using the url: "snia-xam://centera_vim!128.221.200.66?C:\\XAM\\PEA\\us3armTest1_rdqeDcwh.pea".

Am I doing something wrong ?

Regards,

David.

409 Posts

March 19th, 2010 17:00

Set your PATH to include the dir the vim is in

March 19th, 2010 02:00

If I put the libraries in the windwos System32 directory, it works. But is there a way to not have to do this ?

417 Posts

March 19th, 2010 18:00

David - try adding the directory containing the libraries to your Windows PATH env var or your Eclipse project paths.

Regards, Graham L. Stuart

Centera SDK Architect

March 22nd, 2010 00:00

Thank you very much. It works now.

Regards,

David.

7 Posts

November 24th, 2010 06:00

Hi,

I'm new in Centera. I'm tryng to run the examples wich I downloaded from the centera. I run centera api examples with no problems, but the xam examples not. I don't know what my mistake. I configured a new project in Eclipse copying the .jars to my lib and configuring my build path and copying the .dlls in the lib32 folder to my system32 directory in windows.

The message is:

XAM Error occured: xam/vim not found(1011)

The xri is:

snia-xam://centera_vim!10.0.1.71,10.0.1.72,10.0.1.73,10.0.1.74?name=appcentera&secret=obfuscated

My OS is:

Windows 7 32 bits

Regards,

417 Posts

November 24th, 2010 07:00

This is likely to be an eclipse configuration issue in terms of loading / locating the required libraries at run / compile time. Note that the XAM SDK is a separate download to the Centera SDK so you need to download them and have distinct environment for both (all there are DLLs with common names to both, they cannot be used interchangeably).

However, you state that you are using Windows 7. This is not supported, so I am afraid I cannot offer any further assistance.

7 Posts

November 25th, 2010 02:00

Hi, thanks for the fast reply!

I succeed with Centera API and everthing works in my windows enviroment, but now I try to run examples in Linux inviroment. I downloaded Centera_SDK_Linux-gcc3.3 and when I try to run example, I get this message:

$ /usr/java/jdk1.5.0_13/bin/java -cp ../lib/FPLibrary.jar:. QueryCluster
Exception in thread "main" java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: setLastError
        at com.filepool.natives.FPLibraryNative.setLastError(Native Method)
        at com.filepool.fplibrary.FPLibraryException.retrieveErrorString(Unknown Source)
        at com.filepool.fplibrary.FPLibraryException. (Unknown Source)
        at com.filepool.fplibrary.FPPool.RegisterApplication(Unknown Source)
        at QueryCluster.main(QueryCluster.java:75)

Is this a problem with gcc or any library in Linux?

Regards,

7 Posts

November 25th, 2010 04:00

My problem was a Path configuration for linux libraries. I configured properly $LD_LIBRARY_PATH and now It's works!

Thanks!

No Events found!