Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

December 19th, 2008 08:00

c-clip browser

Hi,

I'm looking for c-clip browser. According to some post in powerlink, it should be on http://lighthouse.emc.com/portal/index.php .

Is there any other updated site where dowload it?

Regards,

Boris Valdebenito H.

December 23rd, 2008 07:00

Hi Boris

I haven't found the c-clip browser on the new developer's site.

There is a possibility to attach a document. This is the latest browser I have. It still uses an API Version 2.3 and should really not be used anymore.

You can use the CLI Tools available to read the cdf's and to create objects. You'll not have the nice picture of single instancing and so on.

Holger

Informatio -- DelayedDeletes and Outtasking Service for EMC Centera

www.informatio.ch

1 Attachment

9 Posts

April 8th, 2009 08:00

Hi Guys -

I don't think EMC is distributing these anymore.  However, there are good code examples in the SDK that you can use to build your own clip browser.  I did that and it ended up being a pretty good learning experience.  Let me know if you want to see code snippets.

December 30th, 2009 06:00

Hi Manfred

Guat referred to the SDK Code examples and the code he has written on his own.

I suggest you download the SDK from the Community Website. The QueryCluster Example provides you with the steps to specify start and end time of the query my using SetStartTime and SetEndTime for the Query Expression.

The additional procedures also highlight how to process the clips and you could surely perform a ClipDelete with these ClipID's.

Best regards, Holger

409 Posts

the c-clip browser was a sort of demo tool that was developed waay back and no one supports it now so it's not posted anywhere. 

You might find copies of it out there but as Holger said it only uses up to 2.3 SDK functionality.

I would recommend that you download jcasscript from this site and learn to use this.  It will allow you to open clips and has a command cliprawview which will show you the XML that is the CDF.  It's not a graphical tool but if you are wanting to look "inside" the C-CLip this does the job for me.  It's a great diagnostic tool as well and it is supported by EMC.

Hi Guat,

It would be great if you can provide more information about your "special" clip browser.

The main interesting part will be the option to change the query time to dedicated start and end time.

Also it will helpful if th results from the query can run as deletion script.

Thanks for feedback

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

January 14th, 2010 07:00

I have been using C-Clip Browser for many years now.  I will attach it here for you.

I believe it is not updated and will not work with CentraStar 4.1.  I am looking to update it or find alternatives.

Ted Ring

Ted Ring

RSSS - Central Region - Western Division
Centera / EDL / DLM / and working on more
EMC² Where information lives
314-835-8458
Yahoo ID ted.ring
Email: ring_ted@emc.com

1 Attachment

May 1st, 2013 18:00

Just came across this topic during a search.

There's a newer version (3.1) than the one attached, contact EMC for the latest version.

409 Posts

May 12th, 2013 11:00

Please do not use ANY version of the C_CLip browser on a production system it is not supported and if something happens EMC support may walk away from the problem because you used it.

13 Posts

July 11th, 2013 06:00

Are there any recommended products for browsing the centera's file system?

CC

409 Posts

July 22nd, 2013 10:00

there is no way to "browse the centera filesystem" as there isn't one.

The only thing you can do is use the query API to return to you a list of clips created between start and end time.

13 Posts

July 22nd, 2013 10:00

so in the case of a legal discovery, how do you get a file list out of the Centera?

CC

1 Message

August 7th, 2013 05:00

@ deX - You can check out DobiMiner by Datadobi.

409 Posts

August 7th, 2013 05:00

a legal discover tool can use the query API to get the Content Addresses of Clips written to a pool between start-time and end-time.  You can then use that list of clips to open them and "discover" them

2 Posts

September 18th, 2013 02:00

Hi!

I can connect pea Files?

THX.

Crash

No Events found!