Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

October 12th, 2012 07:00

"XAMException: Error loading XAM Library or its dependencies" on 64-bit JVM

I have a system consisting of two Java applications deployed to the same Tomcat instance (i.e. same JVM); each application uses the XAM SDK to connect to EMC Centera by creating a XAMLibrary instance using the code:

XAMLibrary xamLibrary = XAMLibraryFactory.newXAMLibrary();

On a Windows 7 machine, using 32-bit Java 6 JVM, Tomcat 6, and with the directories containing the 32-bit XAM/VIM dlls in the Windows Path, everything works fine.

On a Windows Server 2008 SP2 machine, using 64-bit Java 6 JVM, Tomcat 6, and the 64-bit XAM/VIM dlls, whichever of the two applications that creates the XAMLibrary instance first works fine, but the second always fails with the exception:

org.snia.xam.XAMException: Error loading XAM Library or its dependencies

at org.snia.xam.XAMLibraryObj. (Unknown Source)

at org.snia.xam.XAMLibraryObj.getLibrary(Unknown Source)

at org.snia.xam.util.XAMLibraryFactory.newXAMLibrary(Unknown Source)

Does anyone know why this is happening? Is there some subtlety in configuration I'm missing?

Any help would be gratefully received - thank you.

Regards,

Alan

409 Posts

October 18th, 2012 03:00

Can you reproduce this outside of the Tomcat environment? 

The EMC Centera engineering team does not have the environment or experience with Tomcat to attempt to reproduce this in our labs.

4 Posts

October 22nd, 2012 06:00

I couldn't reproduce the problem outside of Tomcat.

In the end this led me to the solution; we deploy the XAMLibrary.jar file to the shared/lib folder in Tomcat. However, one of the web apps also contained a copy of XAMLibrary.jar in its WEB-INF/lib folder. This meant the system was trying to load the DLLs twice, hence the error. Removal of the jar from the web app fixed the problem.

No Events found!