Start a Conversation

Unsolved

B

1 Message

June 19th, 2020 00:00

Dell Chromebook 11 worth it?

Hello All, So I am looking at getting a cheap Chromebook for university as I don't want to take my MacBook Pro with me to work or university as I work on my documents. I don't want to spend a lot on what essentially is a word processing machine for me and was wondering do I spend an extra £50 on 4GB RAM/32GB storage or stick with the 2GB/16GB RAM? I will be purchasing from dell directly. Many Thanks

June 19th, 2020 19:00

If it is in your budget, increasing to 4 GB ram and 32 GB storage is worth it. Many Chromebooks run great on 4 GB of RAM. Although Chrome OS and apps are good about storing things in the cloud (such as through Google Drive), the OS and apps do take up space as well as files you might want to store locally on the Chromebook (data files, pictures, songs, movies, etc.). You can save space by using Google Chrome browser based versions of apps (which is, or originally was, one of the main points of a Chromebook) though some people might like the way Android versions of those apps (installed through the Google Play store) function a bit differently than the browser based versions. Enjoy your Chromebook! 

No Events found!