Start a Conversation

Unsolved

H

15 Posts

September 17th, 2022 03:00

Dell Instrumentation, causing laptop to freeze, fan speeds up

Every 5 minutes, my computer would freeze up for 3-5 seconds, where my mouse stops moving and the fan speeds up. Afterward, my computer will return to normal like nothing happened, until 5 minutes later it happens again.

While having Task Manager opened, I noticed the task entry that shows a sudden increase in CPU activity during the freeze is "Dell Instrumentation".

I tried checking for Windows updates and restarting the laptop.

By the way, the laptop never freezes up like this while I'm playing StarCraft, It's only when I'm watching YouTube that it freezes like this.

1 Message

October 12th, 2022 12:00

Hopefully you've fixed by now. But I had the exact same problem. I went into Device Manager and Disable the driver. You could uninstall it, But I just decided to disable it. 

346 Posts

November 28th, 2022 23:00

Apparently playing game doesnt cause freeze but if i leave it idle when using youtube it will freeze

Regards,
Jimmy

1 Message

June 24th, 2023 04:00

I have the same problem, the desktop freezes, the video starts to stuck and makes a sound like an electric shock. Then I noticed that the occupancy value of the Dell instruments in the task monitor increased. So I uninstalled all the Dell software and now everything is fine.

1 Message

July 8th, 2023 13:00

Clearly playing amusement doesn't cause solidify but in case i take off it sit still when utilizing youtube it'll solidify.

No Events found!