Highlighted
2 Bronze

File policy server attempted to register for policy rfpolicy but there is already an fpolicy server registered from that address.

Hi

We have downloaded the trial version for CTA VE for evaluation, when adding NetApp filers we are getting the below error message:

FPOLICY: File policy server attempted to register for policy rfpolicy but there is already an fpolicy server registered from that address.

ONTAP version is 8.1.1

Any pointers on what needs to be done to resolved the issue will be appreciated.

Regards

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Highlighted
2 Bronze

Re: File policy server attempted to register for policy rfpolicy but there is already an fpolicy server registered from that address.

Type "fpolicy" on the NetApp console to see the current defined policies.

Type "fpolicy destroy <policyname>" if you want to remove a policy that is not in use.   Of course, don't destroy if using it.

I'm pretty sure you can only have one policy per IP space.

Regards,

-Scott

0 Kudos
Highlighted
2 Bronze

Re: File policy server attempted to register for policy rfpolicy but there is already an fpolicy server registered from that address.

Hi Scott

Thanks for your reply.

I typed fpolicy on the NetApp and what is shows that fpolicy is enabled and nothing else.

When I try to register the NetApp box it connects for a moment then disconnects stating that there is already an fpolicy registered.

Regards

0 Kudos