Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

T

October 8th, 2012 09:00

Generate Cliplist from Rainfinity

Hi,

This is actually a question in regards to Rainfinity rather than CTA, although this is now what it is called.

I would like to generate a cliplist from Rainfinity detailing all of the clips that Rainfinity believes it has archived to the Centera cluster.

The list needs to come from the Rainfinity database rather than performing a query on the Centera.

Does anyone know how to generate a clip list using Rainfinity providing a list of all clips that Rainfinity knows about?

If anyone could point me in the right direction it would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Dave.

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

October 9th, 2012 20:00

if you want to generate the clip list from CTA then you need to query the CTA DB.

or you can get the clip id from the source(if your source is Celerra or VNX)

ifconfig -all to find out eth0 ip

server_http server_2 -append dhsm -hosts 192.168.1.100

/nas/tools/dhsm/get_attributes -u username -p password server_2 /Macintosh/Production/Monthlies/U/UNCX480_OCT22/UNCX480_final/UNCX480_int.indd

20 Posts

October 10th, 2012 22:00

Hi,

Thank you for your response and the infromation you have provided.

Are these commands for generating the clip list from the Centera through the CTA application or by querying the CTA database?

If you could please clarify this, as well as what in the command are variables and relate to which variables that would be much appreciated.

If possible, I would want to only query the Rainfinity database rather than the Centera as it is the clip-list in the rainfinity database that I am interested in, not the clips on the Centera.

Thanks in advance for your help on this, much appreciated.

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

October 10th, 2012 23:00

I am confusing the clip-list that you are referring to.

Are you referring to generate the archived file list?

20 Posts

October 10th, 2012 23:00

Sorry if I have confused things.

What I am trying to get is a list of archived contect by Rainfinity, and the associated clip addresses, again from Rainfinity, that the application thinks are on the Centera.

I will then use this list to compare the Rainfinity known information with what is actually on the Centera.

Therefore all the information I need will need to be extracted from the Rainfinity database / application.

Hope this makes more sense now.

Thanks again.

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

October 11th, 2012 00:00

From what I know, you can generate the list of archived file from CTA web GUI but you cant export the output to file.

I have gone thru the rffm command guide and cant see the option from command line as well.

If you want to generate those list from CTA db then you might want to engage support for help. There is no document to state the sql queries.

12 Posts

October 11th, 2012 09:00

Hello Dave,

Your best option is to contact CTA (previously Rainfinity FMA) support and ask for assistance.  If you have all of your archive task logs, you can get the Centera Content address from there.  The logs are stored on the CTA in /var/log/rainfinity/filemanagement/fws/support and are titled fward-*.  These logs contain a mapping from the archived file name and location to the Centera content address.  These logs may be rotated over time, so if you need all of them from the database, you must engage support.

Reason 1, it is not advisable for customer's to log into the database directly.  The database has a lot of linked tables and information that could be damaged if commands are run that are not fully understood.

Reason 2, the Centera content address is not stored in the database in a format that is usable to a customer without going through a conversion utility that will make then in a format comparable with Centera which is only available from support.

Regards

20 Posts

October 17th, 2012 03:00

Hi,

Thank you for the information on this, much appreciated.

I think though that this is getting a little more complex than originally thought as they do not have that many logs available to them.

However, I have found details on how to dump the database and have asked them to dump a copy of the database and send it over to me and I can then extract the information I need from that.

However, do you know what the database name is or how I find out what the database name is?

I presume it is a default database and therefore should have a default name?

If you would happen to know then that would be much appreciated.

Thanks again in advance.

Dave

No Events found!