Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

April 23rd, 2017 19:00

Is there any way to do certification with CloudBoost?

Does anybody know if cloud storage with S3 API can do certification with CloudBoost?

23 Posts

December 18th, 2017 13:00

Thanks for the results HePeng , I'll pass this on as a RFE request to Engineering. 

April 24th, 2017 05:00

What do you mean by certification?

52 Posts

April 24th, 2017 18:00

We found that the CloudBoost compatibility matrix only support ECS as the private cloud storage using S3 API. We want to use Huawei private cloud storage. So Is there any way to do certification with CloudBoost?

23 Posts

December 7th, 2017 17:00

Hello HePeng ,

If you'd like to submit a specific cloud store, we should handle this through your Account Manager. They'll help organize the number of requests for a particular cloud store and will get this to our Engineering team.

Thanks,

Dillon Torgersen

Technical Resolution Manager

Dell EMC | Data Protection Division

52 Posts

December 7th, 2017 18:00

Hello Dillon,

So thanks for your reply even though the topic was very old. After I login my account manager, I don't know where I can submit the request. Is there any document guide? please be kindly help me for this.

Thanks again.

23 Posts

December 11th, 2017 09:00

Hello HePeng ,

Yes, the question was a little old, but I'm sure could be a frequent ask.

As for a document or location to make the submission, I do not have either. What we will need to have done is the following:

• Name of the cloud store provider
  • S3 or Openstack Swift APIs
  • Header version
  • Private or public cloud store
  • Custom URL or generic

Provide this to your Account Manager who will reach out directly to the Product Manager. If you don't have an Account Manager, feel free to post these to me and I'll direct them to the appropriate teams.

Note: There is no guarantee Product Management or Engineering will add the cloud store, as there are many factors leading up to the request, such as number of requests for the same cloud store, API use/versions, etc.

If you want to be more proactive towards your request, feel free to perform a Blobstore Validation (BSV) test against the potential cloud store. This is a hidden tool inside of the CloudBoost CLI and syntax is:

diagnostics blobstore-cli "--provider --endpoint --identity --credentials " validate

52 Posts

December 12th, 2017 22:00

Hi Dillon,

The answers for your questions:

• Name of the cloud store provider

Huawei Object Storage (S3)

• S3 or Openstack Swift APIs

S3 API

• Header version

HTTP/1.1

• Private or public cloud store

Private cloud store

• Custom URL or generic

Custom URL

And the BSV results are below:

FS_S3_CloudBoost_HTTPS.PNG.png

the results are good. So can you kindly help us add "Huawei Object Storage" to the support list of CB? Thanks so much, Dillon.

52 Posts

December 18th, 2017 20:00

OK, thank you, Dillon. Looking forward to your good news.

52 Posts

January 2nd, 2018 03:00

Hello Dillon,

is there any result for the certification? thank you so much.

23 Posts

January 2nd, 2018 09:00

Hi HePeng , 

I do not have an update on if  Huawei Object Store will be approved or not. Please PM me with your Account Manager's name and we'll have them drive this with with a separate request which will also provide you with a more regular contact for future updates.

No Events found!