Start a Conversation

Unsolved

1 Message

August 7th, 2018 16:00

Configuring a Custom SSL Certificate

I've searched through the community and have seen similar problems there wasn't a sure-fire solution. I am attempting to install a custom SSL cert in the Data Storage Manager Data Collector. So far, every attempt has resulted in failure with the Data collector telling me "Error Registering Certificate on Data Collector. Verify certificate and key are in a supported format.

I've tried the cert in DER, PEM and the private key in .p12 and .PFX. I don't know what else to try at this point. I've verified the alias is correct with portecle, I know the password is correct...has anyone successfully imported a cert?

This is all based on recent nessus scans identifying the self-signed cert.

230 Posts

August 8th, 2018 13:00

I just sent you a private message so I can work with you on fixing this issue.

Bob

2 Posts

November 12th, 2018 06:00

Did you ever get this fixed?  I am having the same problem.  I am not really sure what it is asking for on the Alias part either.  I have the certificate exported and I have a the password but not sure what I am doing wrong.

49 Posts

January 7th, 2019 09:00

I am also having issues with this. I have downloaded open SSL, and think I have the Private Key created properly. I have also created the CSR and generated a certificate from my Windows CA. However when I go to "Register" the certificate on Datacenter, I get a big red x (no error message).

1 Message

April 2nd, 2019 02:00

Got the same Problem!!!!

# cat > .admin.int.txt <<-EOF
> [req]
> default_bits = 2048
> prompt = no
> default_md = sha256
> req_extensions = req_ext
> distinguished_name = dn
>
> [ dn ]
> C=DE
> ST=NDS
> L=
> O=
> OU=EDV
> emailAddress=
> CN= .admin.int
>
> [ req_ext ]
> subjectAltName=@alt_names
>
> [ alt_names ]
> DNS.1= .admin.int
> IP.1 =
> EOF

openssl req -new -sha256 -nodes -out .admin.int.csr -newkey rsa:2048 -keyout .admin.int.key

Singed this at the windows CA. And converted the key in pkcs#12.

openssl pkcs12 -export -out .admin.int.pfx -inkey .admin.int.key

Also getting only the big red box with the x and no message at all.

No Events found!