evilensky
2 Bronze

Re: DSITV for vSphere 6.7?

We are also waiting for news on this.

Highlighted
Origin3k
3 Silver

14 month since GA of vSphere 6.7. Not bad....

Our Engineering group has committed to an upgrade for this software, but at this time we have no date for its release.
If my answer was helpful, please click: Kudos
Forum Member since 2012
#iwork4Dell

I have an update to let you know about so you do not download this in hopes of using with vSphere 6.7. Dell released Dell Storage Integration Tools for VMware (DSITV) 5.0. This release moves from 32 bit to 64 bit architecture; due to this change in architecture, upgrades are not possible and new installs must be performed. This does not work with vSphere 6.7. I just want to let everyone know this so you do not upgrade thinking this is a resolution. I will continue to watch for the release of the proper version for vSphere 6.7.

Forum Member since 2012
#iwork4Dell
Ludicrs95
1 Copper

Does it work with 6.5 Update 2? The documentation didn't specify and we've seen other Dell products have issues with update 2. 

0 Kudos

According to the DSITV 5.0 Administrators Guide under Software Requirements it shows it does:

Dell Storage vSphere Web Client Plugin 5.0
–Dell Storage Manager (Enterprise Manager): 2016 R3
–Storage Center OS version: 6.7
–VMware ESXi version: 5.5–6.5
–VMware vCenter Web Client Server version: 5.5–6.5
–FluidFS version: 5.0
NOTE: The Dell Storage Manager Data Collector is also required for the Dell Storage vSphere Web Client Plugin version 5.0. See the Dell Storage Manager Installation Guide for information about installing Data Collector.

https://www.dell.com/support/manuals/us/en/04/storage-scv3020/dsitv-5.0-ag/software-requirements?gui...

Forum Member since 2012
#iwork4Dell
TheNoble1
1 Copper

How is this still not resolved??? This is beyond ridiculous 

0 Kudos

Looks like we will get DSITV for 6.7 when Vmware 6.8 or 7.0 is released...

0 Kudos
Origin3k
3 Silver

It looks like that we have to wait for SCOS 7.4 which brings full support for vSphere 6.7
0 Kudos
Origin3k
3 Silver

I was able to talk to the SC product manager on DTW2019 and yes 7.4 it is around the corner. I was not saying that we can hold the breath but since we are wating  end of Y2017 we only have to wait a couple of weeks.

Regards
Joerg