Start a Conversation

Unsolved

S

2 Posts

March 19th, 2019 13:00

Password - SC8000

Took in an older SC8000 on trade. Provided user/pass will not allow us access to the system. I've looked a bit and don't find much in terms of documentation for recovery or reset of admin credentials and have also read references to needing a USB recovery key from Dell support.

If anyone is able to confirm, deny or help that would be much appreciated. Thanks!

• 

6.9K Posts

March 20th, 2019 08:00

Hello SFSD106,

When you are locked out of all your accounts to access your SC8000 you will need to have a usb stick to unlock your account.  Here is a link to a post that if you go to the bottom of the post storagejohn has posted the steps on how to create the usb key to unlock your account. https://www.dell.com/community/Compellent/Dell-SC4020/td-p/5036791

Please let us know if you have any other questions.

2 Posts

March 20th, 2019 09:00

Cheers, Sam. Thank much for the info. We'll take a look.

230 Posts

March 22nd, 2019 14:00

Since that posted document was 3 years old I tested the steps in the lab to verify.

SC Series: Recovering a Locked Administrator Account

If all accounts are inaccessible because they have been disabled or locked-out, use this procedure to reestablish a local Administrator account and reset passwords.

Prerequisites

This procedure requires a USB device that contains a partition table with one partition formatted with an MSDOS/FAT32 filesystem. USB devices vary by vendor as to whether they are formatted with or without partitions. Use Windows disk management or other third-party tools to create a partition if the USB device does not have an MSDOS/FAT32 partition.

Steps

1. Create a text file containing the following line of text:
    unlock
    where is typically the Admin username. The Admin account is always on the system and it has the required Administrator privileges to reset passwords.
    Note: The user you are trying to unlock must exist and be enabled.
  2. Save the file and name it:
    unlock.phy
  3. Copy the file to a MSDOS/FAT32 formatted USB drive.
  4. Insert the USB drive into a port on the lead controller. When the media is recognized, System Manager allows the specified account to log on.
  5. Log in to Dell Storage Manager Client connecting to either the lead controller IP, or the Management IP using the account specified on the USB drive. The password cannot be blank, but any text entered will be ignored. In the example below the actual password is “mmm”, but the password used was “qawsdfghyuiol;” to gain access.                                                                                                                          login2a.png
  6. After gaining access to the system reset the password on the account used to gain access.
    Select Edit Settings from the Summary Tab  edit settings.png
  7. Select Users and User Groups in the left side tab
    Highlight the user used to gain access to the system
    Select Change Password
    Type anything in to the Authorization Password field
    Type in your new Password for the login selected

password.png8. Remove the USB drive from the port.

If the password reset process does not work please verify you are using the lead controller for this process. If the process still does not work verify the USB formatting, and try using a different USB drive hardware.

Note: This process was tested on SC40, SC8000, SC9000, SC4020, SC2020, SC2080 systems running 6.x, 7.1 – 7.3 using both DSM2106 and DSM 2018.

This process is not guaranteed to be valid on platforms utilizing EHV which include:

SCv3000, SCv3020, SC5020, SC5020F, SC7020, andSC7020F.

Note: Portable Volume is unavailable during the recovery process

5 Posts

March 28th, 2021 03:00

Hi Bob,

I can confirm this on a SC5020F

6 Posts

June 10th, 2022 03:00

hi i tried this method but doesnt work for me, tried 6 controller on 3 unit of sc4020, also tested with fat 32 fat format on 2gb and 16gb usb drive. Admin/ blank, Admin/mmm. Admin/randompassword all wont works. tried shut down and re-power on. tried upper controller lower controller. different way all wont works

s11.PNGs12.PNGs13.PNGsdsd.PNG

July 9th, 2023 02:00

Hello Friens.

I got this unit from a Sale Here.
The dont Reset it at All so now im Stuck and need to Figure out all my self .

I Got The Same Problem here too.

But i Also need The Firmware For : SCv3000 Series

1: Is is Possible To get This Firmware anywere ?
2: Can i Buy This Somewere ?

I can Login to Drac Module I managed to Reset it Via Console.  (Usb)

Problem it is Outdatet Firmware and Drac module All Really.

I think i Wil Update it before i Reset it.

Is There anybody who cant send med This Firmware file i will Pay for it.

Mvh

• 

631 Posts

July 9th, 2023 22:00

Hello thanks for choosing Dell.

For this, please get in touch with our tech support team by raising an official ticket. Please have your system's service tag ready.

https://dell.to/44z3kqy

July 10th, 2023 07:00

Hello And Thank you.

The Problem here is thath this unit is second hand unit.
i Will cost me a Lot of Money to "add" Support to This unit.
This unit is just a heavy Power consumer and is Useless to me if i cant get it to work.

Mvh

1 Rookie

• 

9 Posts

March 26th, 2024 23:53

@DellEMCSupport​ 

HELLO MY SC5020 NEED RECOVER ADMIN PASSWORD

• 

3.1K Posts

March 27th, 2024 07:41

Hi,

Could you elaborate more about what admin password that you need to recover? Are you referring to Dell Storage Manager Client administrator password?

1 Rookie

• 

9 Posts

March 29th, 2024 21:41

@DELL-Joey C​ 

need recover lost password admin , need help  sc5020f model , i tries usb metod but nothing

compellente reinit bucle

• 

3.1K Posts

April 1st, 2024 02:31

Hi,

If you are trying to reset the Dell Storage Manager Client administrator password, can you let me know what was the steps that you have taken to create the USB. What is the USB size? What USB format partition? 

1 Rookie

• 

9 Posts

April 9th, 2024 02:31

@DELL-Joey C​  never tried usb never

boot never recover Admin

ng 111 secs for disks...
Missing disks (13, 12, 2).
All essential disks are missing, rebooting in 110 seconds unless disks are found.
Waiting 110 secs for disks...
Waiting 109 secs for disks...
Waiting 108 secs for disks...
Waiting 107 secs for disks...
Waiting 106 secs for disks...

1 Rookie

• 

9 Posts

April 9th, 2024 03:03

sn358917> system Purge PurgeType Basic PurgeShutdownType Reset
sn358917>
358916 04/09/2024-02:44:14 WARNING System Purge system/system.cpp 7830
3042 The 'system Purge' command requires the system to be fully initialized.
358916 04/09/2024-02:44:14 DEBUG CA ChangeToRollback config/access/caRequest.cpp 21132
7007 Rollback System:System Request: 2942 ObjectMethod (103) Source: IPC Leader: 1 State: 4 CallObjectMethod RetVal: Invalid_In_This_State Idx:
358917 04/09/2024-02:22:29 DEBUG CA ChangeToRollback config/access/caRequest.cpp 21132
7007 Rollback System:System Request: 3002 ObjectMethod (103) Source: Shell Leader: 0 State: 0 IpcSendRequestToLeader RetVal: Invalid_In_This_State Idx:
Shell Command: RETVal: Invalid_In_This_State

• 

3.1K Posts

April 9th, 2024 06:11

Hi, 

It looks like there are missing disk detected by the storage. The storage will not fully initialize. Are you using Compellent certified disk? Can you provide a picture of the disk used in slot 2,12 and 13. Can you check if all the drive's LED activity indicator are all lit green?

The command you entered System Purge will require the storage to fully initialize. 

If that does not work you would need to call into Support and work with an engineer that can do a remote session with you. If you do not have an active warranty you can ask about a Post Standard Support contract for support.

No Events found!