Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

November 13th, 2014 07:00

SC4020 Management network not responding

I've completed the initial configuration for both controllers through terminal/serial as outlined in the SC4020 setup guide.  I've triple checked my networking settings and have verified the drops are working.

The net show command on both controllers show eth0 has a state of up and link of down.  The duplex is shown as unknown.  The link lights on the management ports on the back of both controllers are off.

What am I missing?

If I do a system show the management IP shows as 0.0.0.0.  However, each controller has an IP/subnet/gateway/DNS and domain configured on eth0.

Thanks,

Cody

115 Posts

November 13th, 2014 08:00

Can you ping the eth0 IP addresses? if so, you should be able to open a browser and http:// to the first controller to start the setup wizard. You won't have a management IP (it's a VIP that moves between the two controllers) until you complete the setup wizard.

19 Posts

November 13th, 2014 08:00

Um, no, I can' t ping them.  That's why I posted on here.  The link state is down and the link lights are off.  I'm worried I have two faulty controller management ports on a brand new SC4020.

19 Posts

November 13th, 2014 09:00

I figured it out.  The Cisco switch was set to 100/full.  That caused the issue.  As soon as I put it on auto/auto the controllers management ports came online.

11 Posts

July 31st, 2015 12:00

where can I download that setup guide?

19 Posts

July 31st, 2015 12:00

You can't.. I had to call and find someone willing to share it.  It's the guide they give to their professional installers.  They won't even sell a Compellent array without professional services.  They will refuse to process the order.  Did you not get a Dell installation tech to come out?

July 31st, 2015 13:00

Hey, guys.

I'm glad you got that figured out, cpetry. At the time of this initial posting there was nothing available, true, but since then, we have released this:

http://topics-cdn.dell.com/pdf/dell-compellent-sc4020_Owner's%20Manual_en-us.pdf

Which is an owner's manual that has some guidelines in it. Although, probably not as detailed as the guide someone luckily shared with you, but helpful none the less. :)

Hope that helps, fmonroy

Have a great weekend, gentlemen.

19 Posts

July 31st, 2015 13:00

Yeah, I have an installation manual.  It has a lot more information in it than that guide.  The one I have covers using a serial connection to configure each controller for first time use.

12 Posts

October 3rd, 2016 07:00

i cant discover may SC4020 with enterprise manager ....need help

and what is défault password ??

No Events found!