Highlighted

SC4020 disk erasing / sanitizing

Jump to solution

Hello.

I was wondering if there is a command that will let me make a erasure of disks in a SC4020? 

Creating volumes and deleting them doesn't do it, yes, there is a lot of deleted info on the disks, but there are still readable data (Thinking GDPR).

When i'm on the commandline and i write disk and hit enter to get subcommands that i can use for disk, it's not clear to me that there is a command that will let me erase disks / sanitize them. 

Kind regards Frederik Nielsen.
Technician at Nordic Computer
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Hello Frederik Nielsen,

There is not a command to do a true erasing of the drives.  It is best to remove all volumes and then reformat your SCv4020 back to factory then reinitialize your SC4020.

Please let us know if you have any other questions.

DELL-Sam L
Dell | Social Outreach Services - Enterprise
Download the Dell Quick Resource Locator app today to access PowerEdge support content on your mobile device! (iOS, Android, Windows)

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Highlighted

Hello Frederik Nielsen,

There is not a command to do a true erasing of the drives.  It is best to remove all volumes and then reformat your SCv4020 back to factory then reinitialize your SC4020.

Please let us know if you have any other questions.

DELL-Sam L
Dell | Social Outreach Services - Enterprise
Download the Dell Quick Resource Locator app today to access PowerEdge support content on your mobile device! (iOS, Android, Windows)

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
Highlighted
2 Bronze

If you want to erase all data from the SSD more completely and permanently, it is better to apply a professional SSD secure eraser, which is able to securely erase SSD without damaging its performance or lifespan.

0 Kudos