Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

May 2nd, 2014 08:00

VSS hardware provider

Hi!

We have a SC8000 and are looking to implement Veeam for Hyper-V backups. I was wondering where it's possible to download the VSS hardware provider installer, for the compellent ?

thanks!

115 Posts

May 2nd, 2014 09:00

Compellent's Replay Manager software contains the hardware VSS provider. It can be downloaded from the Compellent Knowledge Center.

May 2nd, 2014 09:00

Thankyou. There is 3 components in the ZIP file. Does the 'service' installer contain the VSS provider ? Veeam requires that the VSS hardware provider is installed on each Hyper-V host. Does the provider also need to be configured to talk to the Compellent management IP, to be able to trigger a 'replay' or snapshot ?

115 Posts

May 2nd, 2014 10:00

Yes the Service setup is the VSS provider.

They communicate back to the Manager Tool (the other installer) and the management tool communicates with the SAN management IP to trigger the SAN level snapshot.

I'm not 100% how Veeam will integrate as I haven't specifically done a Compellent to Veeam setup on Hyper-V, but you will likely need to license the Replay Manager software if  you haven't already.

I would contact Copilot Support to verify this.

May 2nd, 2014 11:00

Thankyou. How/where do you configure the VSS provider to talk to the replay manager ? I can't really see any 'configuration' application installed when installing the service.

115 Posts

May 2nd, 2014 12:00

The Manager server, one of those 3 installers, needs to be installed on a server and then you can configure it.  I'd take a read through the user guide that's included in the download.

No Events found!