Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

October 14th, 2008 08:00

ERROR Login - Fabric Manager 3.3(1c)

We've installed fabric manager server 3.3(1c) onto a Windows 2003 server. I install the fabric manager client locally from the server using the web interface for fabric manager. When I try to connect to the fabric manager server (the fm server is surly.xxx.xxx.xxx) I get the following error.

Unable to login to server! Cannot connect with FMS on surly.xxx.xxx.xxx:1099
RootCause:Unknown host: SURLY; nested exception is:
java.net.UnknownHostException: SURLY.
Please verify that FMS is installed and running.

FMS is installed and running because I can RDP to the server and run it, I can login from other workstations and it works. I can install and run device manager from my workstation and that works. I've turned off my firewall. I've uninstalled all the versions of Java I have on the machine thinking it might be a java version issue and am now running 1.5.0_09 which is recommended by the FM Server when you install the client. There is a filter on the Vlan that the FM server is on but my workstation is allowed to any port in and out and the workstations that it does work on are not on the Vlan so I don't think the ACL is in the way. I can telnet to port 1099 on the server. I've tried just the ip address and not the dns name in the login dialog and that doesn't work. I'm out of ideas.

141 Posts

November 28th, 2017 06:00

Hi there,

In our effort s to clean up the forum, we came across your question / statement.

If the question / statement is still valid, not expired and you need an update please reach out again and we try to get it answered.

As for now we set it to “answered.”

Regards,

Jim

5.7K Posts

October 28th, 2008 12:00

Deinstall and reinstall FM ? I installed 3.3(1c) many times and everytime w/o any probs whatsoever !

55 Posts

December 3rd, 2008 11:00

Finally got the answer for this one yesterday. Had to go all the way to a Cisco developer. It was a DNS/FQN resolution thing.

I had this in my C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\etc\host file

192.168.xxx.xxx hostname.ourdomain.umn.edu

He had me change it to

same ipaddress hostname

and now it works. I only have to have the windows host name in the fmserver address window, no port number. Very odd but it works now. We do some strange things with cutting up vlans around here (MASSIVE ip network) so they thought that might have had something to do with it.

5.7K Posts

December 3rd, 2008 14:00

OMG
So I guess before it was working fine and after the dns / host file change the issue came up ?

Oh well, you're fine !

55 Posts

November 28th, 2017 06:00

Wow this is really really REALLY old. 2008. I got this figured out way back

then.

On Tue, Nov 28, 2017 at 8:36 AM healyj

No Events found!