Highlighted
msumner1
1 Nickel

FM license grace period expired

Jump to solution
After the 120 day grace period expired for our four MDS directors, I receive 24 notifications per director per day that the license has indeed expired. I'd like to stop these messages, as they are quite large and unnecessary, but I'm not sure how to disable the temporary FM license since we will not be purchasing it. Does it eventually just stop the messaging for notification that the grace period has expired or is there a way to disable the specific temporary license for FM? Thx
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
healyj
2 Iron

Re: FM license grace period expired

Jump to solution

Hi there,

In our effort s to clean up the forum, we came across your question / statement.

If the question / statement is still valid, not expired and you need an update please reach out again and we try to get it answered.

As for now we set it to “answered.”

Regards,

Jim

0 Kudos
4 Replies

Jump to solution
Hello,

What version of FM are you using as there are a couple of different ways to stop it and bugs associated with it?

Do you know what option you are using that is or did trigger the use of the FMS license? When you open FM, do you open multiple fabrics at the same time?

Thank you.
0 Kudos
msumner1
1 Nickel

Jump to solution
Hi back,

I'm running FM 3.1(3a), and our temporary FM license was enabled when I added the two MDS9513's to our existing MDS9509 fabrics(approx 120 days ago). Prior to the expiration, I could open multiple fabrics at a time. Now I'm back to one at a time.
0 Kudos

Jump to solution
Hello,

You can stop the FMS license timer when it is running by doing the following (from FM Config Guide):

Step 1 Select Admin > Licenses.
You see the Licenses dialog box.
Step 2 Click the Features tab and select the feature to check in.
When you select the feature, you see a Check In FM button at the bottom of the dialog box.
Step 3 Click Check In FM to stop the demo period timer.

Problem may be that with the timer expired this may not work. I would give it a try. Also make sure that when you open FM you only select one fabric at a time as this will also turn on the feature. Without the FMS License you can only open one fabric at a time and this is what caused the license timer to run.

Thank you.
0 Kudos
healyj
2 Iron

Jump to solution

Hi there,

In our effort s to clean up the forum, we came across your question / statement.

If the question / statement is still valid, not expired and you need an update please reach out again and we try to get it answered.

As for now we set it to “answered.”

Regards,

Jim

0 Kudos