Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

November 22nd, 2006 11:00

Firmware Upgrade

I am upgrading the OE on an AX100. One of the preliminary steps is to upgrade the firmware on the Brocade 3250 FO switch. I am going from version 4.2 to version 5.1. I am told I must fist go to version 4.4 and then to 5.1. Has anyone had experience with this upgrade?

Thanks

143 Posts

December 12th, 2006 04:00

Hi,

First of all see thread "OE upgrade", you posted for the upgrade path.
Second, there is only one reason why EMC is "stingy", that is because the upgrade needs "officially" to be done by EMC people and not by a customer. This doesn't mean that the customer is not compotent to do it. But because if there is a support issue, it is not the cusotmer who is to blame.

cheers,

Ed

128 Posts

November 27th, 2006 08:00

Yes. I've had to do this after I received a replacement switch with ancient firmware on it. The biggest problem is obtaining the firmware versions that you need. EMC is quite stingy when it comes to Brocade firmware. Once you do obtain it, there is a "firmwareDownload" that you would run to load it, etc. In this case you just have to get both versions and run it twice. It was painless although it required a reboot for each version.

128 Posts

December 13th, 2006 07:00

Eddy,

"compotent" ? "cusotmer" ?

Thanks. I feel much better now about who does the firmware upgrades.

143 Posts

December 14th, 2006 00:00

Hello again,

As long as the technical content is correct and your firmware upgrade is correct, we don't have to worry about spelling errors.
(by the way, found the spell checker on the forum, that is a handy tool... :->>>>)

cheers,

Ed
No Events found!