Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

July 9th, 2014 12:00

HBA FAILED HOST SOLARIS

Hi

my solaris hots to Judgment a HBA was replaced, change the alias in siwtch with the new WWN but when connecting with my Storage VNX5100 marks it as unknown, I have to change the wwn of the initiator and reconnect the host in storgae group?

can you help me?

regard

1 Rookie

• 

20.4K Posts

July 9th, 2014 12:00

replace the HBA, make sure it logs in to the switch. Zone it to the VNX, once you see it under Initiators, register it. Now go to storage groups, right click on storage group, properties, select hosts tab. Press CTRL+SHIFT+F12 and enter password messner. At this point you will see an Advance option, click it and there you will be able to put a check mark next to the new HBA.  Now you can either reboot the host or rescan the disk subsystem (i don't know the command in Solaris) and the new HBA/paths should be available.

1 Rookie

• 

20.4K Posts

July 9th, 2014 13:00

not sure i am following you

13 Posts

July 9th, 2014 13:00

So I'm not an engineer but I can do it from administrator would only change from the initiator wwn?

regads

July 9th, 2014 22:00

Hi Dynamox,

I think he is asking that to enter into engineering mode you need engineering mode password......or Admin password will work ?

July 9th, 2014 22:00

How about this...You can try de-registering and registering the initiators from hosts' tab on Unisphere and see if it works...After this if it doesn't work (after all settings are correct) then enter to Engineering mode.....

47 Posts

July 10th, 2014 01:00

Jhons,

Administrator credentials are used for storage array Unisphere login. After

login the unisphere with admin credentials then enter in to Engineering

mode by pressing the keys in the following sequence "CtrlShift F12" and

then type password as " messner".

Follow the Dynamox steps, you are all set

Regards,

Mahesh

On Thu, Jul 10, 2014 at 11:08 AM, rakesh.pandey@zensar.in <

13 Posts

July 10th, 2014 10:00

ok thanks, what I did was mofdificar aliases with new wwn, and install the host agent after rescan of the initiators and releases the right, thanks for the support

Regads

1 Rookie

• 

20.4K Posts

July 10th, 2014 11:00

make sure that new path is registered and part of the storage group (use steps i supplied in the first reply, where you go into engineering mode cntr+shift+f12 and look at the paths.)

No Events found!