Highlighted
3 Cadmium

Quickly finding what port a WWN is associated with on a Cisco SAN

Wanted to share a perl script I wrote for dealing with an annoyance I have on my Cisco SAN Fabrics...  Every time i need to answer the question"what port does this wwn connect to?" I end up logging into half a dozen switches in the fabric and looking at the flogi database until I found the right port... It's kind of a pain in the butt.  The GUI works but I find it to be slow and cumbersome.. and i like CLI...  So I wrote a perl script to automate the whole process for me... Check it out...

cincystorage@symcliserver pub $ ./flogi_search.pl 51

192.168.1.50,fc3/21,50:00:09:72:08:3b:81:51

192.168.1.50,fc4/25,20:11:00:11:0a:00:4a:51

192.168.1.50,fc4/26,20:12:00:11:0a:00:4a:51

192.168.1.50,fc4/19,10:00:00:00:c9:88:7b:51

Takes about 5 or 10 minutes to get setup,  but saves a ton of time constantly..

You can find the script and more information on my blog or looking right HERE.

Labels (1)
3 Replies
Highlighted
6 Indium

Re: Quickly finding what port a WWN is associated with on a Cisco SAN

Run Brocade SAN Health and simply check the spreadsheet.

Or open Device Manager and check the 2nd TAB (I think it's the 2nd one) and sort on wwn.

But with a multi-switch SAN this is a pain indeed. I love your approach!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
3 Cadmium

Yeah,  this started because I needed to look for a wwn on a 12 switch environment...  which, as you can imagine, a nightmare!

This is actually foundational for me... The next script i have looks for all zones containing a string (thing a server name) and attempted to identify which member is the initiator and which is the target, then creates a new zone and replaces the wwns.. Basically its clones zones... very quickly..  

Looks sort of like this:

#./clone_host.pl ORIGSERVER NEWSERVER WWN_FabA WWN_FabB

Gets all the zones matching ORIGSERVER and creates new zones using NEWSERVER and replaces the members...  I made 160 zones in 17 minutes today

Highlighted
6 Indium

Nice! I bookmarked this post of yours!

0 Kudos