BRUSRodr
2 Bronze

Re: Which MDS 9140 ports are recommended to connect a Clariion CX4 ?

Jump to solution

Hi hersh, thanks for your answer.

It would be difficult to put the remaining ports in Dedicated mode...look at my diagram below and the requirements...

Regarding the ISL between two different switches, I think the distance matters...but obviously, not in 1m or 100m, rather for long distance (hundred of kms through DWDM's for example). Am I wsrong ?

I'm looking to accomodate one extra ISL per switch to add a new 9140 per switch. Please, look below :

DN

Thanks.

Regards.

Jack

0 Kudos
hersh1
3 Argentum

Jump to solution

Yeah it does look like you are running low on ports there.

I agree when we start talking kms we start to add noticably latency to a link. In either case an ISL in ports 1-8 should not act any different then an ISL in ports 9-40 since it will have dedicated bandwidth and the correct number of buffer credits.

Am correct in that if you wanted to using 1-8 on switch02 you would need to move one of those F ports to a shared port? Is that a possiblity so that you can use one of those prots for the extra ISL?

0 Kudos
BRUSRodr
2 Bronze

Jump to solution

Hi hersh, thanks so much for your reply. Sorry for my late reply, I was abroad during the last days.

Regarding a possible move of some F ports from switch2 and ports 1-8, if someone can confirm me that I can use ports 9-40 to connect the ports of a CX, this should be possible. For example, from switch2, I could move port1 (CX700 SP port) to port 22 and port5 (CX700 SP port) to port 37, so I have two free ports on 1-8 to connect a new switch (ISL's).

Regards.

Jack

0 Kudos
healyj
3 Argentum

Jump to solution

Hi there,

In our efforts to clean up the forum, we came across your question / statement.

If the question / statement is still valid, not expired and you need an update please reach out again and we try to get it answered.

As for now we will set it to “answered.”

Regards,

Jim

View solution in original post

0 Kudos