Yucel1
1 Nickel

formating a memory on mds 9124

Jump to solution
I have a memory that are formatted in cisco catalyst 4500R but when I put that flash memory into MDS 9124 switch it gave me error that partition table is invalid.bad MBR sector signature 0x0000 and unable to mount default partition 4 as a bootflash:
when I open mds switch from loader I didn't t see any command like format to able to format it ...
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
healyj
2 Iron

Re: formating a memory on mds 9124

Jump to solution

Hi there,

In our effort s to clean up the forum, we came across your question / statement.

If the question / statement is still valid, not expired and you need an update please reach out again and we try to get it answered.

As for now we set it to “answered.”

Regards,

Jim

0 Kudos
15 Replies
RRR
5 Tungsten

Jump to solution
Uhm, just asking: why are you doing this ? If a flash is corrupted or broken, contact your reseller and have it fixed. I wouldn't do this myself if I were you.
0 Kudos
Yucel1
1 Nickel

Jump to solution
generally on a cisco switch i have a options to format .I don' t think the flash is corrupted .I able to format it on a different switch but that format not recognize on mds ... I only want to use different switch to put some file on it as using different cisco switch .I have a problem on that mds switch with management port.
0 Kudos
RRR
5 Tungsten

Jump to solution
Ah.... same thing: get that port fixed ;)

In that case exchanging files through a flash card seems a nice idea.
But unfortunately I don't have any idea of how to format the flash.

What about a serial console cable and get that mgmt0 fixed ?
0 Kudos
Yucel1
1 Nickel

Jump to solution
Ok....I already connected from console but I could n see any options from console that give me options to able to send that file to flash...e.g. XMODEM or YMODEM or ZMODEM or KERMIT ...any other
0 Kudos
Yucel1
1 Nickel

Jump to solution
I opened a MDS 9124 from console and from loader I set a new ip address for management port as using command net --ip=x.x.x.x --nm=x.x..x.x --gw=x.x.x.x and then connected pc to network management port with cross cable and try to ping but it s not reachable :(
0 Kudos
Yucel1
1 Nickel

Jump to solution
of course my pc 's ip address are on the same cloud ..,net mask ,default gateway ;)
0 Kudos
RRR
5 Tungsten

Jump to solution
config t
int mgmt 0
ip address a.b.c.d 255.255.255.0 (or something)
exit
ip default-gateway a.b.c.e

Something like that should work just fine.
0 Kudos
Yucel1
1 Nickel

Jump to solution
No :( ...I told you that I am on loader menu and there I have a options for setting only as command network ! I know your command but it s for setting after you install switch ....
0 Kudos
RRR
5 Tungsten

Jump to solution
Oh right.... your switch is not in production then ?

I'm puzzled: you have an MDS9124 which is not installed yet and has mgmt0 problems. There should be warrenty on this machine still.
0 Kudos