Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

October 20th, 2011 06:00

mds to dcx migration

Hello,

I'm interested in best practices for replacing Cisco 9000 MDS switches with DCX.

Running config consists of over 300 active zones with some vsans.

What tools beyond SANHealth, should I consider to be well prepared for migration?

I do not know well DCFM software that comes with DCX - but I wonder if its wizards can make something useful at the preparation stage?

Regards

2.1K Posts

November 6th, 2011 20:00

I would check Brocade's website directly. Last time I was digging around there they had lots of customer provided tools and scripts and I suspect there are more than a few related to migration from Cisco hardware. In the end I guess it depends on what you are really looking for. How well do you understand both environments to be able to match the new to the old (of course without limiting yourself on capabilities with the new)

44 Posts

November 8th, 2011 14:00

Hi,

Initially, I wanted to find an automatic solution, but I decided to manually configure the new dcx.

I need to obtain input for creating effective zone configuration, but I am not familiar with Cisco SAN OS.

I'd like to use the same aliases, which I gathered with show fcalias command.

Then I tried to execute "show zoneset active" on MDS, but the result is not satisfactory:

The output is based on pwwn:

zoneset name zoneset_xxx vsan y

zone name xx

list of pwwn

Do You know if there is an equivalent for FOS commands: cfgshow and zoneshow for MDS ?

I dont now how to gather zones definitions described with aliases.

1 Rookie

• 

20.4K Posts

November 8th, 2011 15:00

I think its because aliases were created as fcaliases and not as device aliases so you see the wwn and not the alias name. You will need to dump all fcaliases , massage that data and then use that with createali commands on brocade.

3 Posts

December 14th, 2011 12:00

online or offline migration ?

9 Posts

April 29th, 2015 14:00

how about online migration of zones from CISCO MDS 9500 to Brocade 8510-8 ?

No Events found!